So, day one is over, and I’m pretty much on schedule! That’s nice for a change 😀
This project demands quite a bit of tech work before I can even start making the actual game, so today I figured the best thing I could do would be to get as much of that out of the way as possible. The less time I spend doing tech stuff in this compo overall, the better.
I’ve got something now that’s working reasonably ok – I’ve got maps with doors which bring me to new areas, I’ve got moving entities that you can shoot at, I’ve got a simple raycaster style engine with variable heights – nothing very fancy, but I think it’s enough to put together the game I’ve got in my head.
Tomorrow I’m going to get started on the game itself. Should have more to say about that then…