Adventure Incoming Released! (News: BETA 1.2.1 released.)

Started by Valso22, January 16, 2017, 03:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralbits

moth 🦋

Valso22

.-.
you should call this a beta now, ik i haven't updated in years and i said i was going to work in the level also the level maybe is cringy idk but now... NOW. i will update this...

nevermind noone will see this vvvvvv is dead ;-;

allison

Quote from: Valso22 on February 17, 2019, 09:41:56 PM
nevermind noone will see this vvvvvv is dead ;-;
nah. distractionware is mostly just for posting levels now, but lots of people are active on discord and there's lots of recent levels to play

Valso22

Valso22

Quote from: Quote on January 17, 2017, 02:16:00 PM
I'm sorry, I don't think I explained repeating scripts very well.  In this state all your script does is crash the game.  The location where you put the ifflag and the iftrinkets commands has to be the one Viridian steps in.  The dialogue has to be in a separate script box unreachable from the player.  In the ifflag command, "x" stands for a number.  You have to put a number in the place of "x".  Where you put "nothing" there has to be a reference to an entirely separate script box.  The iftrinkets command has to reference the script box with the dialogue in it.  So all three scripts would look like this:
The box Viridian is in:
ifflag(1,nothing)
iftrinkets(0,losedvirdian)

The dialogue script that is out of reach of the player (in this case, losedvirdian):
Gah where am'i?

AND MOST IMPORTANT

sad

Where are my friends?

flag(1,on)

The script called nothing has nothing.

Here's a video that may help you:
https://youtu.be/awumadrkyb8
If anyone can explain this better please do.

OR ELSE do this:

ifflag(x,nothing)

say
This is a non repeating script

flag(x,on)

its way simplier, and more compact.

its beautiful.

Balneor

Quote from: Valso22 on February 21, 2019, 03:06:15 AM
OR ELSE do this:

ifflag(x,nothing)

say

flag(x,on)

its beautiful.

You can, but only if the script contained in that ifflag command, have say() / reply() commands (In other words, contains dialogue). Otherwise you'll cause the staying cutscene bars glitch to happend, which reduces the game's view and generally is very annoying to deal with.

Valso22

Quote from: Balneor on February 21, 2019, 11:26:28 AM
OR ELSE do this:

ifflag(x,nothing)

say

flag(x,on)

its beautiful.

You can, but only if the script contained in that ifflag command, have say() / reply() commands (In other words, contains dialogue). Otherwise you'll cause the staying cutscene bars glitch to happend, which reduces the game's view and generally is very annoying to deal with.

ifflag(x,nothing)

say
flag(x,on)
endcutscene()

this should fix it

WoodStuff

Quote from: Valso22 on February 22, 2019, 12:38:10 AM
Quote from: Balneor on February 21, 2019, 11:26:28 AM
OR ELSE do this:

ifflag(x,nothing)

say

flag(x,on)

its beautiful.

ifflag(x,nothing)

say
flag(x,on)
endcutscene()

this should fix it
is endcutscene() a simplified command? probably not, because i'm using simplifieds (never tried internal before) and i don't want to waste flag space

allison

Quote from: WoodStuff on February 22, 2019, 02:50:23 PM
is endcutscene() a simplified command? probably not, because i'm using simplifieds (never tried internal before) and i don't want to waste flag space
endcutscene is only in internal, not simplified

RobinTendo

This level is amazing! Its just challenging enough and I can't wait to play the full version. Thank you!  :viridian: ;D :-*