VUNGEON ! Full release !

Started by Dynaboom4, December 25, 2022, 09:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dynaboom4

Hum, yeah, i didn't thought of this solution. The best solution to do what Dav recommends, is to add a terminal inside the hub that sets R1,R2,R3,R4 ... ,R25 off. Than put a warp token in the hub that leads you to the (1,1) room. If you go to your save file again and go to the warp token, than run through all the rooms you did the first time you've launched Vungeon, every flag will be randomize again, and everything should work

virtueisdead

Quote from: Dynaboom4 on March 29, 2023, 04:15:24 PM... If you go to your save file again and go to the warp token, than run through all the rooms you did the first time you've launched Vungeon, every flag will be randomize again, and everything should work

Thanks! I unfortunately already cleared it, but it shouldn't matter too much given how much practice I have playing the level. I doubt it'll take me too long to work my way back up, no matter the state of the level! I appreciate your concern and work fixing it, though!

Dynaboom4

Just little message that this version of Vungeon, might be the last, or one i will not touch for a long period of time. I want to work on something else, and people already have seen most of the level by now. It's stays quite challenging, and i think this version is the optimal one to take a break. Thanks to all the feedback i got on this level from people that even, played it multiple times. Without this feedback i couldn't have made all the things i did on this level.

THIS SECTION CONTAIN SPOILERS
Just i post here a little comment about the state of the level. This version is the most polished, out of all the one's there was before, i'm pretty confident to say that there's no bug. Or at least not big ones. I still know that if you die in the cloud rooms you can't see your score, or if you time it really really precisely you can kill yourself with R while having the life mode and when you are about to get teleported with a terminal to glitch the level a little bit. But anything that gets you off bound, or destroy your save, or makes you invincible. This update is also meant for all the complains about how hard the level was. Which it was. Most of the desert level was really really hard, and it would start to get problematic if the last level was even harder. It would get nearly impossible, or just make the use of 2 life necessary, which i want to stay as an option. Most of the desert level has been nerfed, and now I can get to the last level around 4 times out of 5. So i think for a new player it should be decently accessible and not frustrating. For the people that want a challenge there is still the exit mode, that is really challenging.
So with all that being said, i hope you a good day with what you're doing.

Dynaboom4

Hello everyone it is me again, to say that Vungeon will be out on its full version in early october.
The level has doubled in size, and it is now the level with the most amount of scripts. I'm happy that this long journey has lead to such a level, and i would not have been able to do that without the help of the community. If you want to know what i've added to vungeon, check out the trailer that i just made.
With all that being said have a good day !

Kuro.mp3