Back to VVVVVV (V1.2.4)

Started by FIQ, May 28, 2012, 08:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dav999

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on November 13, 2012, 12:42:02 AM
If you go above 50, it will say 'Lots out of Twenty'. Same with under zero. Try it with -80819827812703287798147987108724897248978493. :P

I believe that will wrap around a lot, and you may just end up between 0 and 50 again. :P

blue626

Quote from: FIQ on November 12, 2012, 09:52:44 PM
Quote from: blue626 on November 12, 2012, 09:18:53 PM
On-topic: Note: I'm using VVVVVV 2.0 and I was playing v.1.1 of your level.
I played part of your level, and I noticed that some of :viridian:'s dialog when already in Dimension VVVVVV is grey. IIRC, :viridian:'s dialog while still on the ship was cyan, and all the other dialogs are the right color.
I playtested the level on 2.0, Viridian's dialog should stay the same color no matter the version.

I rememeber part of :viridian:'s dialog not being cyan, but sort of grey... is there any chance that color I saw was a mix between cyan and grey?

The floor in "Getting here is just half of the fun" is hidden inside the room name. Was that intended?

I didn't complete the level yet, but is there a story-related reason for using terminals instead of warp tokens (if the reason is part of the story then write it inside abbr)?

Did anyone see a reference of a famous videogame in the level? I liked it. :viridian:

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on November 13, 2012, 12:42:02 AM
If you go above 50, it will say 'Lots out of Twenty'. Same with under zero. Try it with -80819827812703287798147987108724897248978493. :P

Who were you replying to? To avengah?

Quote from: avengah on November 10, 2012, 03:20:26 AM
Since trinkets are expressed in words, how would this work if you had that many of them? Or does it start using numbers after a certain point?

If so, read all the replies after that.

...I just realized something from Dav999's post, but I'll write it in the "Internal commands" thread since it's off-topic.

FIQ

Can you print the dialog you're referring to please?

Hiding the floor in the DTTHW room was indeed intended.

Warp tokens give me less power and then I had to do the hub much larger. That's why I used terminals.

I play the game I referenced occasionally, it's a favorite game of a friend :P

avengah

Small glitch. If Vitellary is in the teleport room when you use T1-6, he vanishes instantly, but you still get the message about him not waiting when you go to a side room. I assume Vita would also disappear instantly. I think you need to make it so that if Vitellary is there, or both of them, that they're regenerated when you reload the room. I don't think you need to worry about Vita solo, since you're not given control when he's there on his own.

EDIT: "Walk Agsint The Flow"? And "victoria" in the final dialogue?

FIQ

Quote from: avengah on November 14, 2012, 11:46:26 PM
Small glitch. If Vitellary is in the teleport room when you use T1-6, he vanishes instantly, but you still get the message about him not waiting when you go to a side room. I assume Vita would also disappear instantly. I think you need to make it so that if Vitellary is there, or both of them, that they're regenerated when you reload the room. I don't think you need to worry about Vita solo, since you're not given control when he's there on his own.

EDIT: "Walk Agsint The Flow"? And "victoria" in the final dialogue?
Thank you for stating these bugs. I'll try to fix them.
And yeah, there's small grammar/spelling issues here and there, English isn't my main language.

blue626

Quote from: FIQ on November 13, 2012, 10:31:36 PM
Can you print the dialog you're referring to please?

The 1st grey text box said something like:

"Wait... is this dimension called... Dimension VVVVVV?"

Every :viridian: text box in the dialog in the hub after that was grey. Note, that, while, being grey, they were positioned over :viridian:.

Off-topic:

Quote from: FIQ on November 13, 2012, 10:31:36 PM
I play the game I referenced occasionally, it's a favorite game of a friend :P

I used to play it too! The last time was some moths ago.

blue626

Small bump!

Continued to play. Completed "Inversed Floors" and "Platform Arena" and found 9 trinkets overall so far.
I don't seem to find anything else, yet it says there are 3 more PS to find (as well as 11 trinkets). I checked the modified SS2 and found nothing. Is the zone next to T2 unlocked already, I don't remember if I checked... Is there something in the maze I didn't find?
Bugs:
After leaving Platform Arena, there is a flip sound instead of a "Level Complete" sound like in Inveresed Floors.
You can activate the script in "Getting here is just half of the fun" while touching spikes, making a text box appear at the top saying "Press ACTION to continue". It disappears if you press up (or down) or Enter.

FIQ

Quote from: blue626 on November 26, 2012, 09:24:39 PM
Small bump!

Continued to play. Completed "Inversed Floors" and "Platform Arena" and found 9 trinkets overall so far.
I don't seem to find anything else, yet it says there are 3 more PS to find (as well as 11 trinkets). I checked the modified SS2 and found nothing. Is the zone next to T2 unlocked already, I don't remember if I checked... Is there something in the maze I didn't find?
Bugs:
After leaving Platform Arena, there is a flip sound instead of a "Level Complete" sound like in Inveresed Floors.
You can activate the script in "Getting here is just half of the fun" while touching spikes, making a text box appear at the top saying "Press ACTION to continue". It disappears if you press up (or down) or Enter.
The platform arena sound issue: Can you tell exactly which power sources you activated before clearing the level, or none if you didn't find any before?
Go and explore the maze more :)
Also, assuming you use 2.1, you should have a map. Try to go to unexplored locations and you'll find... well, unexplored things! :)

And no, the location east of T2 isn't open yet in your progress.

The bug you're describing is kind of hard to fix to be honest. I can make a terminal there instead, but then...
* it will be obvious that it's closed
* you can still trigger the bug if you flip and activate it the same time (This also happens in the main game in this place).

blue626

I completed Inversion floors before that (and, thus, I activated its PS).

I was already planning to explore the maze more, but thanks for the hint! I only found 2 trinkets there, no PSs. ... Is it okay that everyone knows that there's other things besides 2 trinkets in the maze (because we wrote it here)?

No, I use 2.0. I'll try to explore everything. The fact that the level is simply a modified Dim. VVVVVV helps!

It's better to leave it like that, then. It's just a minor glitch.

FIQ

Current changelog for an eventual 1.2 if I feel it's worth it:
* Fixed clearing Platform Arena playing a flip sound effect instead of the level complete song in some cirumstances
* Fixed using TD resulting in "Level part completed! @ Life Factory" dialog if you had Potential for Anything activated in jukebox
* Altered the terminal in Crossway to give a more useful hint for 2.0 users.
* Made trinket locator usable for 2.0 users
* Made a room right of the trinket locator which you can use to check which trinkets you've found and which you miss currently
* Made the terminal in Crossway usable for 2.0 users
* Made a trinket room available before the end
* Made a TF pointing to the second dimensional tunnel (disabled before you complete the first phase of the level)
* Created a visible divot in Teleporter Divot
* Made *all* rooms in Dimensional Tunnel "wrap", there used to be a few rooms which didn't.
* Fixed a bug in which Vitellary (and possibly Vita) would disappear when choosing teleporter destination.
* Cheat code system. Codes are listed at the ship.
* Altered Into The Platform Arena slightly.
* Buffed Flip Training
* Nerfed Better Safe Than Sorry, Right?
* Fixed a typo in a roomname (Walk Agsint The Flow -> Walk Against The Flow)
* Placed checkpoints in DT (polar -> VVVVVV) at the trinket paths to make you walk less
* Placed several new checkpoints in the overworld to prevent dying in the few spots you can die at taking you to somewhere else far away
* Made a terminal at DT before the trinkets which comments a little on them, just for fun
* Made several script optimizations to account for hard limit of 500 scripts per level
* Fixed several typos
* Fixed a bug in the initial cutscene that made text boxes not show up correctly, and then crash VVVVVV if you button mash ACTION
* Removed an enemy in Easier Than it Looks to prevent dying by sheer (un)luck (this isn't a nerf in practice)
* Added persistent Vermilion at the ship, explaining the gravitron terminals.
* Added a 22nd trinket challenge -- complete the game (activate polar PS with 20 trinkets) and only ever activate destination teleporters in the hub personally 2 times

blue626

I continued playing and found the PS in the Maze.
After that, I continued exploring and noticed that I forgot to explore a part of the over-world and found the 4th area.
I collected 3 trinkets in there. I believe the hardest room was... I don't remember the name, but it had 4 block enemies moving vertically in a narrow hallway. They moved without synchronization (like a wave), so it was hard. The 2nd was the room after "Not Really". I collected the "Spike Pit with a Prize" trinket with only 2/3 deaths and the one at the beginning with only 1 death (this was supposed to be easy, wasn't it?).
Also, was the trinket next to T2 (that I already got before activating the PS in the maze) supposed to have an easy method to get it? You can (hover), but I assume it  can be done in the hard way too.
After activating the 4th PS and returned to the hub, I noticed that the dialog had grammatical error... I don't remember where, but Vita said "was" when it was suppose to be "were".
I went through the Dimensional Tunnel and to the Polar Dimension. Was the Gravitron (or whatever was in the place of the Gravitron) optional? Did it have a trinket? Anyway, I took the warp token in "Whee Sports", skipping it.
Then I played the Final Level until "Right". I did try "Walk Against the flow", but it was hard. Also, "Walk against the flow" isn't spelt correctly.
Currently with 13 trinkets.

FIQ

Quote from: blue626 on December 08, 2012, 02:26:04 PM
I continued playing and found the PS in the Maze.
After that, I continued exploring and noticed that I forgot to explore a part of the over-world and found the 4th area.
I collected 3 trinkets in there. I believe the hardest room was... I don't remember the name, but it had 4 block enemies moving vertically in a narrow hallway. They moved without synchronization (like a wave), so it was hard. The 2nd was the room after "Not Really". I collected the "Spike Pit with a Prize" trinket with only 2/3 deaths and the one at the beginning with only 1 death (this was supposed to be easy, wasn't it?).
Also, was the trinket next to T2 (that I already got before activating the PS in the maze) supposed to have an easy method to get it? You can (hover), but I assume it  can be done in the hard way too.
After activating the 4th PS and returned to the hub, I noticed that the dialog had grammatical error... I don't remember where, but Vita said "was" when it was suppose to be "were".
I went through the Dimensional Tunnel and to the Polar Dimension. Was the Gravitron (or whatever was in the place of the Gravitron) optional? Did it have a trinket? Anyway, I took the warp token in "Whee Sports", skipping it.
Then I played the Final Level until "Right". I did try "Walk Against the flow", but it was hard. Also, "Walk against the flow" isn't spelt correctly.
Currently with 13 trinkets.
Personally I found walk against the flow to be pretty easy, but that might just be me. :P

Also, "You Thought It Was Easy?" was way too hard in the fragment, and required frustratingly exact timing. I fixed this, making the challenge easy for real in the process.

The pre-gravitron plus gravitron part of the polar dimension is unchanged (except for the warp token), but after the gravitron you get a trinket.

The easy solution at the place left of T2 is intended. However, you'll have to do it the hard way to EXIT from there ;)

blue626

Actually I only needed 30-40 deaths to complete Walk Against the flow, so it isn't as hard as I thought, but it was hard.
I completed the Final Level and the other part of the DT. I noticed you put an ending similar to one in VVVVVV after teleporting in T4, with scores! Completed the "game" with ≈650 deaths. 61 deaths in the room with most deaths, though it didn't show which room was due to a bug in 2.0. that was probably fixed in 2.1. beta.
In the dialog after that, I'm sure that some of Viridian's dialog was grey, but above him.
Is T7 (in the hub) supposed to say "Access Denied!" even if I completed the Final Level? And was the T7 next to the PS the Polar Dimension do nothing beofre the Final Level? IIRC, TC (in Inversion Floors) said "This doesn't work yet." or something if I didn't activate the PS yet.
The "Strong Security" (or whatever it was named) trinket seemed random... or maybe I didn't "see" the trick. Anyway, I got because of luck.
The trinkets in the DT are harder (not random, though). I tried getting the 1st one and after ≈50 deaths I still didn't get it. Made a quick-save in there and quit.
Died ≈770 times and currently have 17 trinkets. I'm going to try to get all 20 of them, as I didn't really complete the level.

ToasterApocalypse

As of posting this, I have around 700 deaths and 19 trinkets. I'm trying to find the last one!

:viridian: WHERE ARE YOU TRINKET?                                     :shiny: umad?                                                                                   

blue626

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on December 12, 2012, 06:26:09 PM
As of posting this, I have around 700 deaths and 19 trinkets. I'm trying to find the last one!

:viridian: WHERE ARE YOU TRINKET?                                     :shiny: umad?                                                                                 

Really? I guess It's going to be hard for me too. I already didn't knew the exact location of the 20th trinket (having 17 trinkets and knowing that 2 are in the DT). However I thought it might have been some that I skipped. I'm going to explore all the zones and the over-world. Still, you have 2.1 beta... (hover). I have 2.0. so you should find it easier than me.