butt
5 (15.6%)
sauce
21 (65.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closes: July 23, 2037, 11:30:05 PM

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Flushex on December 10, 2012, 06:35:57 AM
Unlike you I haven't seen the ending, but I still want to push for Toast to work on the epilogue before starting a new level, as it's pretty cool we're playing a level that's longer than the main game, and he should probably finish it before he invests himself in a whole new level.

I already started making a new one though...  :victoria:

Flushex

That's fine! I'll be excited to play that too.

SomniRespiratory Flux

I did have some trouble with the third room at first, but once you figure out the best timing on it, it becomes easier. The fourth room isn't too bad overall, but the platform in the bottom-right corner can push you directly into the spikes on either side if you don't land on it right. I agree that getting easier as it goes keeps it from being too frustrating. That, and in some ways it's more realistic that the more damage you do to the boss, the less it would be able to fight back. I did die on the next-to-last room, and thought that it was the last room until I beat it. Note that none of this is saying there's anything wrong. I'm just sharing my experience with the level. The ending kinda wraps things up well enough to move on, but there is room for an epilogue in there somewhere. I'm just curious as to how it'll work, all things considered. But given that he's already started another level, I can wait.

Flushex

OKAY!

2047 deaths...

Time: 4:55:50...

Trinkets: 17/18...

phew
I feel like I accomplished something beating that freakishly large level. Anyway I stand by my original praise. That last boss fight had me tearing out my hair but it feels good to win it.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Flushex on December 11, 2012, 01:34:29 AM
OKAY!

2047 deaths...

Time: 4:55:50...

Trinkets: 17/18...

phew
I feel like I accomplished something beating that freakishly large level. Anyway I stand by my original praise. That last boss fight had me tearing out my hair but it feels good to win it.

Well, if it was that hard, I'll put a setcheckpoint in the middle of the fight.
But not for a while, probably something to come with 5.0 (ch. 5/epilogue)

Flushex

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on December 12, 2012, 04:22:42 PM
Well, if it was that hard, I'll put a setcheckpoint in the middle of the fight.
But not for a while, probably something to come with 5.0 (ch. 5/epilogue)

Maybe hard isn't the best word, considering none of the rooms individually were that hard. It was just more frustrating how heavily punished you are for dying on one of the last 3 or 4 rooms. Maybe others didn't struggle with it as much as me though. I wouldn't worry about changing it unless others were to share the opinion.

FIQ

Gravicomplex has issues with gravitron ending. I always saved before them as I occasionally ended up flinging outside the level and crashing VVVVVV.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: FIQ on December 12, 2012, 10:05:03 PM
Gravicomplex has issues with gravitron ending. I always saved before them as I occasionally ended up flinging outside the level and crashing VVVVVV.

Remember how in your list on internal commands (notepad) you said gamestates can introduce glitches. That's one of them. It happens.

Pyrite

Gee, these catacombs sure are catastrophic.

ToasterApocalypse

Epilogue released!

manofperson:

I think the hardest part of that room is the middle part with the enemies and spikes. If you get through that, you're golden.

Flushex

First Download third time in a row! I check these forums way too much.

Anyway, I'm excited to play it!

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Flushex on December 14, 2012, 05:33:14 PM
First Download third time in a row! I check these forums way too much.

Anyway, I'm excited to play it!

Yes!

Also, this is a christmas present. MERRY CHRISTMAS

FIQ

"third time in a row"
To be honest, I downloaded the 5.0 before a new release of 5.x was available :P

Flushex

Quote from: FIQ on December 14, 2012, 06:22:29 PM
"third time in a row"
To be honest, I downloaded the 5.0 before a new release of 5.x was available :P

Haha, fine you win. I'm just louder than you and I FEEL THE NEED TO ANNOUNCE IT TO EVERYONE EVERY TIME EVEN THOUGH NO ONE CARES.

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on December 14, 2012, 05:44:07 PM

Also, this is a christmas present. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Oh I plan to get through this way before Christmas. You better have a new level ready before then  :D

Flushex

Uh oh Toast, I think I might be at a potential gamebreaking glitch (for me). Immediately loading my last save to start the epilogue I came across a problem. I then minimized and started going through your changelog and saw this:

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on December 14, 2012, 04:23:36 PM
V4.2:
Removed a testing checkpoint at the very end (after the final boss.) It was never supposed to be there.

If I'm guessing correctly, this room is "Sacraficial Room". My problem is this is where my save takes me to, as the last version I played must have still had the checkpoint. The problem here is I'm trapped. If I try to go up, I run into a wallglitch to the bottom of a room from much, much earlier in the level ("BignumberssrebmungiB" - The room with the cube like enemies arranged to look like giant numbers moving across the screen), and I also can't backtrack either as a warp token is what brought me to the area.

Any insight into this, why the wall glitch is there, and if the situation is fixable for me?