Your Destiny (Debut level)

Started by Gunfire_e, March 18, 2012, 12:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunfire_e

This is my first player level for VVVVVV. Thanks to PJBottomz awesome scripting tutorial I learned how to do it :)
There are 2 rooms who are similiar to the original game. I had to fill up those rooms, I had no inspiration at that time :P
All rooms are used. I completed the level myself it's not that hard.  I tested the rooms and I didn't find any glitches.
Your quest is to find your best buddy. There are 4 trinkets . There is a arcade room that leads too 2 trinkets. I also made something in the arcade room that looks like pong :P  (picture included in link)

- I would like to hear some feedback or hints

Here are some screenshots  http://imgur.com/a/qqkxM

FIQ

Nice level!
A pair of bugs (one seems to be not your fault but VVVVVV's...)

1: In the blue room (with the first trinket warp), there's a hole in the uppermost part that lead to wall at the downmost part (i.e. a leakage).

2: In same room the checkpoint acts funny (look up where the checkpoint is!). Can be fixed on your part by making the room a block higher, but that's VVVVVV's fault mostly.

3: If you go into the arcade room, die and return and ignore the rooms, the song in the level changes completly according to which arcade room you picked. Nothing major though. Same with going to the last room and then start backtracking.

4: Vitellary's text box is gray. Did you know that you can pick which color the dialog should have with "say(N,X)"? N is the number of lines as usual, X can be the following:

vitellary or yellow - Yellow
viridian or cyan - Cyan
vermillion or red - Red
victoria or blue - Blue
verdigris or green - Green
violet or purple or pink - Pink

This only works in 2.1 however.

Also, nice art.

Gunfire_e

K thanks for playing! And thanks for the tips. The bugs should be fixed now, also that weird checkpoint thingy still shows up when you play the level( it"s not a big deal though) But when I'm in editor it seems perfectly fine.
Only thing is I can't seem to change the colour from the last chat box into yellow. I have 2.0 i guess. But anyways i fixed at i have now say(1,yellow). Maybe for 2.1 users it will be yellow i dunno :P

Fixed download link should be there :P

Maybe I"ll make some other player levels sometimes :P

FIQ

Yay!

And yes, the dialogs are yellow now. You can find a beta (though IMO it's more stable than 2.0-stable) in the tech support forum.

And, I found another bug (didn't find it before as I never tried that way) - in "The Meeting", if you take the wrong way, the conveyors are not aligned with the floor in the room before (The Last Path), but the wall is.

Other than that, nice level as said before.

Gunfire_e

K also fixed that, I've placed the last updated download. Everything should be fine now. Only that you can see the bottom of a checkpoint in the 3rd room and music stays changed iff you don't wanna go back in trinkets. But anyways really thanks for the tips. I think I won't have to fix it anymore. Only iff there is a major bug (but there isn't). :P

*Fixed first trinket room (you just could jump in the middle and reach it very easily)

Have fun!!

Pyrite

Fun.
Delicious.
Artistic.
Creeper face.

Gunfire_e

Thank you for the nice reply, I really did my best for the first one.

Piplup1122

Seems kind of hard... but I beat it through. it seems like a nice level!

Oh yeah I wonder what should I make next...
Make a Vote in Dimension Piplup! (<- Nothing to do with this level)

Gunfire_e

Making this was a lot of fun. Putting art in it took a good amount of time. But i had really fun making this. Probably going to make another one in the future.