TERRY!

Started by lol...ipops2, March 22, 2017, 10:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lol...ipops2

Update!
You know, as shinykitten said, you're only servicing piraters, so this is the list of things we want, and if you don't want this game to die, you'll bring.

• TOWERS
  • Internal scripts as simplified scripts(say would have an optional coordiantes integer
  • pdelay(x)
  • infinite flags
  • Easy access to the gray warp zone tiles.
Any requests for updates put in this thresad.
you don't have to put this all in a big 2.3 update, spread it out.
Good luck.
You've actually done this non-reverse compatibility stuff before, 2.1's colored text and more say(x) lines availible
qwertyman
1.  Per-level tileset loader
2.  .png maps
3.  Altstates in custom levels
4.  Orange and gray versions of all the tilesets
5.  Preserving the playercolour
6.  Being able to correctly open the map and give trinkets through scripts

moth 🦋

yeah these threads keep cropping up, eventually I was gonna write this huge multi-paragraph thing about it
but nrn

QwertymanO07

More things:
1.  Per-level tileset loader
2.  .png maps
3.  Altstates in custom levels
4.  Orange and gray versions of all the tilesets
5.  Preserving the playercolour
6.  Being able to correctly open the map and give trinkets through scripts

moth 🦋

Quote from: LOLLERPOOPS IS BACK AGAIN! on March 22, 2017, 10:11:41 PM
  • that something-delay(x) thing shiny was talkling about
also its pdelay(x)

Sorry about this post being off topic, but what makes you all think that Terry will make an update for VVVVVV?

Gawne

Kinda have to agree here, the game hasn't been updated in quite some time so I think that's a sign that Terry's moved on in terms of updating the game.

Ally 🌠

I'd say "give me the source so I  can make a pdelay" but no I'm too dumb even though it would probably be simple

moth 🦋

can we get source code Jan 11 2020

lol...ipops2

Quote from: shiny k on March 23, 2017, 04:11:57 AM
can we get source code Jan 11 2020
Everyone got their cryogenic freezing tubes?

allison

I think the only thing VVVVVV really needs is the ability to pass commandline options to launch a level directly, with an optional parameter to load from a save. It'd be a much simpler addition, and we could use it for testing from Ved and build a simple launcher to manage moving custom assets around.

It's obvious that Terry wants to move on to other projects (I would too), so asking for something complex is probably a lost cause

lol...ipops2

I think the best way is to make our own updates by us showing terry we've bought the game and giving us source code through PMs.
Then, I guess we could make a VVVVVV custom update forum and send the link only to the people that showed that they've bought it.

WoodStuff

Quote from: LOLLERPOOPS IS BACK AGAIN! on March 23, 2017, 06:01:27 PM
I think the best way is to make our own updates by us showing terry we've bought the game and giving us source code through PMs.
Then, I guess we could make a VVVVVV custom update forum and send the link only to the people that showed that they've bought it.

pretty good idea!

Not a good idea, that isn't stopping anyone from leaking it.

Shadeblast

can't we just get the custom updates for make & play edition???

CreepiX

Quote from: Shadeblast on March 24, 2017, 11:53:23 AM

can't we just get the custom updates for make & play edition???

Oh! That's an interesting idea!