Let's Brainstorm Room Names!

Started by Lollipop, January 02, 2015, 03:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moth 🦋

Quote from: Weird Shadow Machine on March 02, 2016, 11:16:19 PM
Chromium(III) Oxide - for a room where you rescue :viridian:.
Mercury(II) Sulfide - for a room where you rescue :vermillion:.  I hate spelling "sulphur" and its derivatives with an "f", but that's what IUPAC wants.
Copper(II) Acetate - for a room where you rescue :verdigris:.
These are the actual chemical names for the real-life pigments viridian, vermilion and verdigris.  The other three aren't so straightforward, alas.
And this is how Weird Shadow Machine ended up on my "buddy list."

I'm Mildly Confused - A terminal puzzle sort of room.

That Souleye Crewmate

Quote from: That Souleye Crewmate on March 02, 2016, 07:32:32 PM
I Hate You - the giant heart is now completely ruined, and heart enemies litter the entire room.
Why not broken heart enemies in this latter room?
i forgot about those! Yeah, that's an awesome idea.

Up, Up, Down, Down... - a hint for a maze puzzle. If you know the full code, you can pass the maze easily.

Asmodean_

Quote from: That Souleye Crewmate on March 02, 2016, 07:32:32 PM
I Hate You - the giant heart is now completely ruined, and heart enemies litter the entire room.
Why not broken heart enemies in this latter room?

Chromium(III) Oxide - for a room where you rescue :viridian:.
Mercury(II) Sulfide - for a room where you rescue :vermillion:.  I hate spelling "sulphur" and its derivatives with an "f", but that's what IUPAC wants.
Copper(II) Acetate - for a room where you rescue :verdigris:.
These are the actual chemical names for the real-life pigments viridian, vermilion and verdigris.  The other three aren't so straightforward, alas.

Eggshell for  :verdigris:, Tranquility Garden for  :violet:, The Queen for  :victoria:?

Alternatively have the reaction that forms the chemicals (e.g. Cr2O3 I think) in the rooms previous to it?

fraZ0R

Rapid Spin: A room that doesn't have any enemies and only has walls and nonlethal spikes... (Cookie for who gets the reference)

QwertymanO07

Roundabout: A screen with the Yes Men.

fraZ0R

Mirage: a room with a crewmate made from createcrewman that looks like the crewmate you have to rescue
Error 418 I'm a teapot. A room where assets make you look like a teapot.

Bruce Michez

Pressure Cooker and Other Assorted Songs - for a room with heart or broken-heart enemies where the music is "Pressure Cooker".  Why that track?  Because it quotes the "Layla" riff, if you listen closely.

Viridan

Boulevard of Broken Glass - a (mostly empty) room with spikes on both sides
Trapped in a Roomname Factory - near the end of a series of rooms all going in the same direction
The Roomname Factory - comes right after Trapped in a Roomname Factory and has a crewmate in it, ending the sequence

Lollipop

Winter Wind - A room that starts off simple, but gets overly hard

lol...ipops2

ten outta ten An overly hard room with precise platforming.

Funny Topical Meme

Quote from: 5tr4 on March 18, 2016, 10:29:19 PM
Rapid Spin: A room that doesn't have any enemies and only has walls and nonlethal spikes... (Cookie for who gets the reference)

How do you make nonlethal spikes?

That Souleye Crewmate

Quote from: VVVVVViridian on April 06, 2016, 08:05:18 AM

Next time you're level editing, press shift and press the button that enables Direct Mode.
You now have a list of tiles (and some spikes), and now find out which spikes don't kill you by playtesting.

Funny Topical Meme

Quote from: That Souleye Crewmate on April 06, 2016, 01:25:57 PM
Quote from: VVVVVViridian on April 06, 2016, 08:05:18 AM

Next time you're level editing, press shift and press the button that enables Direct Mode.
You now have a list of tiles (and some spikes), and now find out which spikes don't kill you by playtesting.

Tried that, they all killed me. (I'm assuming that the Lab spikes all kill you.)

moth 🦋

The spikes that don't kill you are in tiles1.

Funny Topical Meme

Quote from: ShinyKitten07 on April 06, 2016, 02:39:49 PM
The spikes that don't kill you are in tiles1.

What do you mean by 'tiles1'?