Who's online

Started by Dav999, August 05, 2012, 08:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue626

I would consider that as cheating. But, you already did it. Also, I sometimes do that accidentally (I forget to log out), or, I forget to log out while I'm just lurking and I'm sure I wouldn't need to post anything. Consider that my real amount of time online is somewhere around 3 days and 14 hours (it says that my amount of time online is 4 days and 2 hours).

Dav999

Cheating world be like... Changing the time manually as an administrator. Not forgetting to log off. :)

Dav999

WTH? ??? Is someone from the future logging into the forum?

blue626

:o ??? All the times are in the same timezone, am I right? If so, then that must be an SMF (Simple Machines Forums) glitch. Or, that member is some kind of spambot... I don't know.
Btw: Have you noticed that there were many guests logging into the forum? I don't understand how a guest can do nothing or nothing that members could see...

EDIT: It's still logging in, as well as other guests. Weird, it's ≈12h 10min. in the future :o ???.

Dav999

Yes, everything is in my time zone. I think it is a date bug. Y2K+12 arrived! :vitellary:

Dav999

Another strange thing: how can a logged in user be logging into the forum? ???

Who's online is doing strange things today...

blue626

Perhaps he tried to login, but didn't write the password right, but wrote the username right. I don't know if the member, in that case, is appeared in the "Who's online", but if it does, that's the reason.
Also, I noticed that one guest is doing an unknown action. Weird. I still don't know how guests can do nothing or nothing members can see.

Quote from: Dav999 on August 17, 2012, 12:05:12 PM
I think it is a date bug. Y2K+12 arrived! :vitellary:

??? Y2K+12? Do you mean the following?
Y2K+12 = Year 2x1000+12 = Year 2012
But, 2012 arrived 8 months and 16 days (and some hours) ago! What did you mean?
What does that have to do withdate bugs?
Oh, and I think that guest is still logging into the forum, and time and date are still the same! :vitellary:

Hilbert

Probably something only terry can see. :P

blue626

Bump! I checked "Who's Online", and... Dav999's date was in the future! Maybe it has to do with time zones?

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on August 18, 2012, 05:53:29 PM

Now that bumped this, I'll reply.
Were you replying to this?

Quote from: blue626 on August 17, 2012, 09:19:32 PM
I still don't know how guests can do nothing or nothing members can see.

Perhaps it is something only Terry can see.
Use quotes!

Dav999

Quote from: blue626 on September 24, 2012, 07:01:19 PM
Bump! I checked "Who's Online", and... Dav999's date was in the future! Maybe it has to do with time zones?

Wow. I just wanted to post about this:

All I can say is: None of you can see what I'm doing 04:34:20! (I could just change my settings to hide my status, but yeah.)

And no: it has nothing to do with time zones.

Quote from: blue626 on September 24, 2012, 07:01:19 PM
Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on August 18, 2012, 05:53:29 PM

Now that bumped this, I'll reply.
Were you replying to this?

Quote from: blue626 on August 17, 2012, 09:19:32 PM
I still don't know how guests can do nothing or nothing members can see.

Perhaps it is something only Terry can see.
Use quotes!

If you change the address to distractionware.com/forum/index.php?action=thiscanbeanything, you will be listed as 'nothing, or nothing you can see'. It also happens if admins view the control panel and you're not an admin yourself, because normal users (or guests) don't have access to it.

Dav999

My time in the who's online list is normal again! I still don't know what caused it, though.

Dav999

Uuuhm...? ??? Since when can guests post?

blue626

Quote from: Dav999 on September 25, 2012, 03:22:26 PM
Uuuhm...? ??? Since when can guests post?

That's very weird! :o ??? When I'm logged out and read a thread, the reply button disappeared (as well as the quotre and the new thread and new poll buttons, probably).
:vitellary: How is that even possible?!

Dav999

:vitellary: I don't know...
But I have an idea.

Maybe it has something to do with changing the address? I will test this out.

Bearboy

maybe they changed there name to "Guest"

I'll do that right now.