Started by Ally 🌠, July 13, 2016, 01:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally 🌠

Super Mario World Central:
http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=84834&page=1&pid=1343827#p1343827

A giant subreddit:
reddit.com/r/vvvvvv

There was an Undertale soundfont released that used a VVVVVV song

You Have To Win The Game was inspired by it.

gg

moth 🦋

SMW post:
"Looks dope. I like the shorter level fast reset approach, cuz then you can make very difficult levels without it becoming overly frustrating (see VVVVVV, super meat boy, N) so it's cool to see a hack doing that."
He's mentioning overly frustrating indie games like VVVVVV and Super Meat Boy.

Subreddit:
The subreddit is a terrible place and I'm not the only one who thinks this

Soundfont:
It sounds terrible, but ok
It's one soundfont

YHTWTG:
Release date: May 6, 2012

You're telling me that a fellow indie game developer that noticed terry's work PRIOR to 2012 (It takes a while to make a game and YHTWTG was released in early 2012) or IN JANUARY OF 2012 and made a good game about it IN F*CKING 2012 means it's getting popular now? Or are you saying this because you just noticed this?
Please keep these sort of topics on tOLP's nonsense board. They do not belong here.

gg:
gg m8

allison

It's hard for me to really gauge it since I've been immersed in the community for so long, but based on stuff like SGDQ it seems like it's been reasonably well-known. (Plus I played it in the first place because I was seeing it mentioned a lot...)

The subreddit and the speedrunning community especially weird me out since they're whole communities centered around this game that are almost entirely separate from ours.

moth 🦋

Quote from: crazya02 on July 13, 2016, 04:03:01 PM
The subreddit and the speedrunning community especially weird me out since they're whole communities centered around this game that are almost entirely separate from ours.
thank you for this
I should have mentioned that in the subreddit section

FIQ

Well, it has been featured in various Humble Bundles, which explains why people know about it.

Pyrite

Quote from: FIQ on August 11, 2016, 03:03:14 PM
Well, it has been featured in various Humble Bundles, which explains why people know about it.
I assumed everyone know about it because of Defen