butt
5 (15.6%)
sauce
21 (65.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closes: July 23, 2037, 11:30:05 PM

ToasterApocalypse

All things happen for a reason, right?
I suppose it was a GOOD thing that I accidentally deleted the save. Now I'm remaking chapter 2, and it looks much better than it did.

ToasterApocalypse

Chapter 2 released, people!  :viridian:

to do:
Remove the credits
yah

some people are really gonna hate the ending of this

Flushex

I may be missing something, but there doesn't seem to be an exit in this room:

I've gotten the trinket, and all the warp tokens just take you back to the checkpoint. What am I missing?

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Flushex on November 14, 2012, 07:59:56 PM
I may be missing something, but there doesn't seem to be an exit in this room:

I've gotten the trinket, and all the warp tokens just take you back to the checkpoint. What am I missing?

You might be playing an old version.

Or...

WHEN I LOST EVERYTHING IT REVERTED THE CHALLENGE GYGGHUFGHUGYSFFG

EDIT: SON OF A WHORE, IT DID! THE CHALLENGE WAS REVERTED! I'll get fixing this.

Flushex

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on November 14, 2012, 08:33:13 PM

You might be playing an old version.

Or...

WHEN I LOST EVERYTHING IT REVERTED THE CHALLENGE GYGGHUFGHUGYSFFG

EDIT: SON OF A WHORE, IT DID! THE CHALLENGE WAS REVERTED! I'll get fixing this.

Haha, well I'm glad I was able to point it out for you. It's a fun level so far. If it's even half as good as your Dimension WWWWWW I know I'll love it.

SomniRespiratory Flux

Odd. I never found that room... :verdigris: And I'm pretty sure I finished with 10/11 :shiny:... So that was the only one I missed. :violet: I'm sure it's there. I just wasn't looking hard enough for it.

Also, about the ending...

WHY. :victoria: Also, HOW. :vitellary:

Overall though, great level so far. I look forward to the rest of it.  :viridian:

avengah

After the script at the start, the cutscene bars are still there in the yellow room on the ship. I think there used to be text and another crew member coming into the red room, but I autowalk into the yellow room and stop. I'm playing v2.2. (Please put a version number in the description so we can see from VVVVVV which version we're playing.)

EDIT: I quit VVVVVV and restarted. This time, it autowalked into the RED room and stopped, with the cutscene bars still there. This is weird. Is the script stopping before it's finished?

EDIT 2: I think it could be to do with the chapter3start script being in the way of the automatic walk. It interrupts the current script, I think.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on November 15, 2012, 01:17:00 AM
After the script at the start, the cutscene bars are still there in the yellow room on the ship. I think there used to be text and another crew member coming into the red room, but I autowalk into the yellow room and stop. I'm playing v2.2. (Please put a version number in the description so we can see from VVVVVV which version we're playing.)

EDIT: I quit VVVVVV and restarted. This time, it autowalked into the RED room and stopped, with the cutscene bars still there. This is weird. Is the script stopping before it's finished?

EDIT 2: I think it could be to do with the chapter3start script being in the way of the automatic walk. It interrupts the current script, I think.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

I'll try fixing this.

avengah

There's still that problem in Crossroads - if you activate the right script then the left script before getting the trinket, you will be stuck with cutscene bars. Either put another script that removes cutscene bars at the start of the next room (hopefully that doesn't cause delays if the bars aren't there), or make it so that the left script gets rid of the bars after its messages maybe?

And I still have no map, even after getting back to the ship after the Polar Dimension. And certain Ch2 scripts repeat when they shouldn't. A particularly bad example is Vermilion's speech when he's not even there, and a flash indicating a warp when he's not there too. Also, the flash occurs before he disappears, so maybe it should be at the start of the next room, not the end of the current room. Also again, he disappears if you backtrack then go forward again - before he enters the warp.

EDIT: Final glitch I've found for now: during the boss fight, if you touch the second red thing from the left, it's possible you'll float through the wall towards the third red thing instead of teleporting, basically skipping the third phase. And if you happen to float up instead of down, which might happen if you flip at a particular point as you touch the thing, you might get stuck in the top right corner and have to press R.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on November 16, 2012, 05:24:27 AM
There's still that problem in Crossroads - if you activate the right script then the left script before getting the trinket, you will be stuck with cutscene bars. Either put another script that removes cutscene bars at the start of the next room (hopefully that doesn't cause delays if the bars aren't there), or make it so that the left script gets rid of the bars after its messages maybe?

And I still have no map, even after getting back to the ship after the Polar Dimension. And certain Ch2 scripts repeat when they shouldn't. A particularly bad example is Vermilion's speech when he's not even there, and a flash indicating a warp when he's not there too. Also, the flash occurs before he disappears, so maybe it should be at the start of the next room, not the end of the current room. Also again, he disappears if you backtrack then go forward again - before he enters the warp.

EDIT: Final glitch I've found for now: during the boss fight, if you touch the second red thing from the left, it's possible you'll float through the wall towards the third red thing instead of teleporting, basically skipping the third phase. And if you happen to float up instead of down, which might happen if you flip at a particular point as you touch the thing, you might get stuck in the top right corner and have to press R.

I'll fix this later, and I'll add some beefed up scripting too.
Also,

Quote from: SomniRespiratory Flux on November 14, 2012, 11:36:52 PM

What do you mean 'how' and 'why'?

ToasterApocalypse

Anyway, 2.4 is released! Contains bugfixes and script edits!  :viridian:

Flushex

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on November 16, 2012, 06:09:45 PM
Anyway, 2.4 is released! Contains bugfixes and script edits!  :viridian:

FIIINALLY.

jk :D

I'll get back to playing it right away.

Flushex

On this screen:

Those two black bars start to go across the screen indicating that dialogue is going to come up right? The problem is no text comes. Just the black bars as if something is supposed to be triggered, and then nothing. I normally wouldn't mind but I can't figure out where the next place I'm supposed to go is, and I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Edit: I just read earlier in this thread that this isn't 2.0 compatible, and that's the version I'm running, so maybe that's the problem.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Flushex on November 16, 2012, 08:07:54 PM
On this screen:

Those two black bars start to go across the screen indicating that dialogue is going to come up right? The problem is no text comes. Just the black bars as if something is supposed to be triggered, and then nothing. I normally wouldn't mind but I can't figure out where the next place I'm supposed to go is, and I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Edit: I just read earlier in this thread that this isn't 2.0 compatible, and that's the version I'm running, so maybe that's the problem.

No, it's because at the time, I didn't know how to use normal ifflag commands, so I used the internal 'customifflag' (They're both the same, I just thought they were different.) Internal commands always require the say(-1) trigger which causes cutscene bars. That's why the cutscene bars appear. If the warps didn't get destroyed, you need to go to the Warp Zone (area 1) to set the flag that destroys them.

Maybe, at some point in the future, I'll replace customifflag with normal ifflags.

Anyways, time to start working on Chapter 3!  :viridian:

SomniRespiratory Flux

Quote from: ToasterApocalypse on November 16, 2012, 01:45:04 PM

Quote from: SomniRespiratory Flux on November 14, 2012, 11:36:52 PM

What do you mean 'how' and 'why'?

Well, by "how", I meant "How did you get the part before that to work?" I suppose I don't know a lot of the finer details of scripting (especially internal scripting), so I don't quite know how you made Vermillion the playable character. Although I guess I do remember seeing something like that on another level now. The "why" was just my (admittedly exaggerated) reaction to how the plot went. I still love the level, but as you predicted earlier, the ending was a bit of a punch. Also, note the faces I used in my original post. I guess I'll see what happens in the rest of the level.