Save us, Terry! Distractionware is messed up!

Started by @Kreator, May 14, 2015, 09:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@Kreator

You might notice that some people have this problem of accidentally posting the same thread over and over. Well, that's because people end up reloading their post page or clicking the "Post" button over and over, because whenever people try to post, the site freezes up. (This can lead to other bizarre problems such as threads not showing up as the latest post on the forum, not going away from "new replies to your posts," postcounts getting messed up, etc.) Dav999 said this is due to some anti-spam thing here called "Akismet." So, Terry, please uninstall Akismet so that this forum can be fixed!

allison

Just thought you should know that posting this thread multiple times doesn't seem clever.

@Kreator

Well, it's for others to decide whether or not it's funny. But even if it's annoying, I daresay I made my point effectively.

Dav999

Quote from: @Kreator on May 15, 2015, 01:28:12 AM
I daresay I made my point effectively.
I'm sure you can make a point just fine with only one topic.

Anyway, yes, I heard Akismet is causing this problem. That said, I have no anti-spam mod at all on tOLP, the letters captcha is turned off, I only have a couple of good verification questions of which I ask two and I never see a single spambot. :)

That Souleye Crewmate

Yeah, it's pretty much a bad problem, it happened to me twice. When i was posting levels, my webpage freezed, so i realoaded and it kept on freezing so i came back to the board to see 5 copies of "VVVVVV Adventures" and had to delete it.

@Kreator

I saw a couple of spambots on my forum a while ago, so I deleted them and checked the box that said "Require answering security questions upon registration," and I haven't seen any more since. I actually did have security questions made up before, but I'd somehow accidentally disabled them or something. Whoops!