Is there a way I can make a tileset change colors during gameplay?

Started by B, July 11, 2016, 09:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B

Such as when the dimension destabilizer was turned off, is it possible to do anything like that in a fan level?

Dav999

Only with gotoroom (or by breaking stuff with finalmode which animated one specific tile if I remember correctly)

Dav999

B

But where are those final level destabilized rooms coordinates?

lol...ipops2

40 something, you can't teleport to them. You can animate tiles like flashy ones though with the beforementioned "gotoroom(x,x)"  :)

B

So I just type, gotoroom(x,x)?

Sorry.... I'm kinds new to the deeper level of this editor

allison

Quote from: B on July 12, 2016, 02:43:19 AM
So I just type, gotoroom(x,x)?

Sorry.... I'm kinds new to the deeper level of this editor
There's fancy scripting exploit setup.

By far the easiest method is using the Ved external editor, which automates most of the process. First create a load script:
iftrinkets(0,script2)
Where "script2" is the name of the script containing the actual code. Create that script and hit the button on the right to enable internal scripting mode, and from there you can just enter in commands.

An exhaustive list of internal commands (along with instructions for using them without Ved if you are so inclined) can be found here.

B

allison

Quote from: B on July 12, 2016, 03:12:28 AM
Yes, but do I actually put x and x?
No, the x's are stand-ins for numbers. It's more like:
gotoroom([target room x-1],[target room y-1])

B

Dav999

You could use gotoroom for animating tiles yourself, by having multiple versions of a room which you keep changing between, but you can't place tiles outside the normal 20x20 area so making a polar dimension at its main-game coordinates isn't possible unfortunately.

Ally 🌠

Or you can use moveplayer, to always move the player down to the next room.
Just have them stacked.

B

What do you mean by gotoroom and move player to get these tiles?

Dav999

Basically you have several instances of the same room - but with different "animation frames" - and you keep changing between the rooms by using either the gotoroom or moveplayer command to animate it.