allison

Quote from: Vex69 on October 14, 2012, 03:08:56 PM
1.Floating checkpoints.
2.Easy Trinkets.
3.No clear story.
4.Unexpected holes.  >:(
5. Wall phase glitch D:<

That's pretty much it.  :)

You forgot single tiles without Direct Mode.

Damn It AL to Hell

Quote from: crazyal02 on October 14, 2012, 03:12:25 PM
Quote from: Vex69 on October 14, 2012, 03:08:56 PM
1.Floating checkpoints.
2.Easy Trinkets.
3.No clear story.
4.Unexpected holes.  >:(
5. Wall phase glitch D:<

That's pretty much it.  :)

You forgot single tiles without Direct Mode.

Oh, yeah thanks.  :D

N

bad level design includes derp
-Spikes that float with no explanation
-single tiles
-derpity

OH GOD A SIGNATURE

Flushex

I understand that floating spikes look ugly and weird, but they serve a function that (as far as I know) nothing else in the editor can. They serve as a barrier that Viridian can't pass but enemies can. Certain unique challenges can be made from application of spikes in this way.

Also, if you use the lab tile set, the spikes can look like flames since their default position is up and they are hollow looking.

Dav999

Quote from: Flushex on October 20, 2012, 06:55:57 PM
...that Viridian can't pass but enemies can.

You forgot moving platforms! I know how to make an anti-invincibility gate with that! If invincibility is off, the spikes are not solid, so the platform can pass. If invincibility is on, the spikes are solid, the platform can't move and blocks the way! :viridian:

Flushex

Quote from: Dav999 on October 20, 2012, 07:03:08 PM
Quote from: Flushex on October 20, 2012, 06:55:57 PM
...that Viridian can't pass but enemies can.

You forgot moving platforms! I know how to make an anti-invincibility gate with that! If invincibility is off, the spikes are not solid, so the platform can pass. If invincibility is on, the spikes are solid, the platform can't move and blocks the way! :viridian:

I'm slightly confused. I am having a hard time picturing what you are saying (Sorry, I'm new to the forums  :-[).

You are right, I did forget that enemies can also move through platforms, but I am not entirely sure how they could be a barrier to Viridian since they aren't stationary? I suppose you could stack a pile of 6 or so, one on top of the other, and then limit the platform barriers to the size of that stack. That would allow enemies to pass and block viridian, but the barrier would have to be 4 squares long horizontally where as a spike "barrier"could be one square horizontally, allowing more room for obstacles on that particular screen.

Am I making sense at all?

Dav999

I meant something like this:

If invincibility mode is on, the spikes are solid so the platform can't move, thus blocking :viridian:.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on October 20, 2012, 07:50:37 PM
I meant something like this:

If invincibility mode is on, the spikes are solid so the platform can't move, thus blocking :viridian:.

LOOKS NICE.

I'll use that.

Flushex

Oh, I see what you are saying. I was talking about in the case of having enemies in the obstacle, like this:

It looks really ugly, but those sideways moving enemies can go through those spikes, but Veridian can't.

Dav999

Quote from: Flushex on October 20, 2012, 08:16:48 PM
Oh, I see what you are saying. I was talking about in the case of having enemies in the obstacle, like this:

[img]

It looks really ugly, but those sideways moving enemies can go through those spikes, but Veridian can't.

If you use 2.1, I think you can put the spikes against a background, to make it look a bit better than the spikes which are perfectly balanced on top of each other :P

allison

Quote from: Dav999 on October 20, 2012, 08:21:25 PM
Quote from: Flushex on October 20, 2012, 08:16:48 PM

[img]

If you use 2.1, I think you can put the spikes against a background, to make it look a bit better than the spikes which are perfectly balanced on top of each other :P

I believe you can also specify spike direction, resulting in DEADLY DIAMONDS

JPlus

To add, anyone who doesn't test their level, you will not do well. Also, this isn't bad level design, but please make it able to be played on Invincibility, or an idea is to make it compatible with Invincibility, but certain trinkets can't be reached without Invincibility Off.