Detox [2.1]

Started by allison, February 05, 2019, 02:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally 🌠

Quote from: uugr on November 21, 2022, 05:14:28 AMThat said, both of the ending cutscenes seemed to desync a little bit; the lyrics consistently popped up on screen a couple seconds too late and the closing static only came in after the ending song finished, so there was a moment of awkward silence. The opening was synced up fine so I assume it's a bug, maybe caused by VVVVVV 2.3? Worth looking into, anyway.
If you were playing on over 30+ FPS mode, that might be why. The game runs slightly faster due to the different FPS limiting method.

allison

for detox 2.0 i actually retimed the ending cutscenes to match up with 30+fps mode, so really if you're NOT on 30+fps mode it'll desync. im not totally sure how best to fix this issue, maybe i could add an option at the start to choose which mode you're on? unless it's detectable in which case i can just do that

Ally 🌠

In Abort 2 I had a screen to select if you were using 30 or 30+. I ended up not using that option (selecting 30+ just tells you to turn it off) but it was intended to change cutscene timings depending on what mode you use. You could do something like that, I don't think it's detectable. (Cause if it is, that's a bug.)

Keep in mind that 30 FPS mode might be changed to be the same speed as 30+ FPS mode in the future.

SHARKIE

51MB on my computer, and riddled with bad words
-1 out of 15 axolotls

allison

made another small update! the biggest thing here is it should fix the audio desync issues