VUNGEON ! Full release !

Started by Dynaboom4, December 25, 2022, 09:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dynaboom4

Vungeon is a roguelike level where every attempt is randomized.
You have only one life to complete a set of 10 rooms, each time randomized.
And unlock along the way, alternatives musics for each zone, badges, cutscenes... .
The level is a 17*20 map, and is currently the level with the most amount of scripts (1100) (yup i'm proud on that one).
But don't worry if the level gets too difficult, you can give yourself an extra life!
Have a fun time ! :viridian:

TRAILER : (spoilers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFxvimF18eM

SCREENSHOTS :

Finally, i wanted to thanks all the amazing people that gave me feedback on Vungeon !
Especially IloveV6

PATCH NOTE :
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NFEb8kyZRQJEdk0eCUIkiUpXbI6nnJLlWbrcXqZOogI/edit?usp=sharing

DOWNLOAD LINK (Definitive edition) :
https://vsix.dev/level/vungeon

moth 🦋

really cool concept! i know this is just a demo, but it's a lot of fun! i can't wait to see what its like when its complete!!!

SHARKIE

Quote from: moth 🦋 on December 25, 2022, 10:59:17 PMi can't wait to see what its like when its complete!!!
me tooo!!!!!!!!
stop deleting my replies

Dynaboom4

Hello, everybody, in a few minutes the V2 demo will be out, i spent a lot of time on it, so enjoy the content

SHARKIE

i love it!   :viridian: some of the hard parts make me go  though.

Dynaboom4

Thanks for the feedback, A pro player (Balneor) also said on discord that the last rooms where just horribly hard, so i'm fixing them / balancing them right now

SHARKIE

wanna collab? (i found out how to make timers with just delay() :viridian: )

Dynaboom4

You can't do timers with delay(), just because you can't move if you do a regular delay(). For the collab, it's cool to see someone want to collab with me, but i'm most someone who likes making my creations on my own.Still thanks for your offer.

Also i'm done making the little fixes. Now it should be easier.

ILoveV6

Nice level, 7/10 why? cause there are a lot of unfair areas that a so annoying and just ruin your whole run, like for example that timing room in the plains area, its near pixel perfect flipping, and in the desert the yellow spikes are extremely hard to see cause they blend in the background, the farthest I made it is level 9, love the level but just saying the parts that are really annoying

SHARKIE

ltoloxa was a february fool's day prank; NOT real

(either way i love the level a lot)

Dynaboom4

Quote from: Unnamed Silvagunner on February 04, 2023, 10:36:21 AMNice level, 7/10 why? cause there are a lot of unfair areas that a so annoying and just ruin your whole run, like for example that timing room in the plains area, its near pixel perfect flipping, and in the desert the yellow spikes are extremely hard to see cause they blend in the background, the farthest I made it is level 9, love the level but just saying the parts that are really annoying
Cool to see some feedback, I mean i will probably not change the room with the timing, but i will make the spikes on the yellow tiles more visible, (even if in the developpement they have been made darker already so they are more visible.). Also i understand perfectly that you're frustrated, because roguelike are in general like this. Exemple : you don't know the game and get killed by a ipecac my reflection in binding of isaac, Enter the gungeon has also this vibe. Most of roguelikes demands a lot of knowledge, and a lot of practice, and it's not made for everyone.
Also level 9 is the hardest set of rooms, even if level 10 is really close for somes

ILoveV6

All right, I just beat Vungeon this weekend and it was so unbelievably fun, there's a lot of rooms I see you polished and the stuff you added was amazing, 7/10? I shouldn't even compare V6 levels. If I had to say that the only complaint I had was The grammar of one of the music boxes, it kind of got me mixed up because it said 'beat 3 times desert' or something around that, but as a whole the level is really good, keep up the good work!

virtueisdead

Phenomenal level! I've played it for something like 6 hours cumulatively. Though, it seems I somehow bugged my save file and the room generator is rather unhappy. The state of my map should show more than my words that there's some kind of issue, lmao

I've also uploaded a video showing me doing some exploring, if it will help at all.

You can view it here! I'm very curious whats going on. I very much look forward to the development of the level, though I'm sad it looks like I'll have to delete my save file, lol.

Dynaboom4

Thanks Virtueisdead, Yeah so the bug, is that if you press R in the generator room it completely breaks, i've seen this bug while playtesting the new demo of the level, and this is fixed.
So if you're really curious to know, this issue happens because of the flag system that choose in what room you will be. So if you press R in the generator rooms, the flag that you've got while going through one of them, will not be restart, and you will, at your next try do the generator rooms and get another flag, and the selection system will not know which one to choose, and is going to choose none.
Sadly you can't really get your Save back by any way possible. But if you play it again (in it's current state) and don't press R in the generator rooms there should not be any problem.

Dav999

You could also edit your save file in a text editor, if you know what flags to change.