A Creepy/Scary Texture change

Started by Slyzard, October 14, 2017, 04:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slyzard

I was playing the game and in the final level (specifically the Cosmic Creepers room and The Last Straw + W rooms) There would be this really weird texture change in between the usual flashing colour changes, only for a second every now and then where everything went white, black and red. The dissolving panels went invisible (but the collision was still on) and everything felt like I was in one of those haunted video game creepypastas. I haven't managed to find anything on this anywhere else on the net, not in any of the wikias, subreddits or google.

Has anyone else ever seen this before? Is it a glitch or something Cavanagh put in there to happen once in a million colour changes in that final segment? Because in all my time playing and all my runs (I speedrun it a lot) I haven't come across it once until now and it happened twice in this one run in the aforementioned rooms.

I don't have any screenshots or videos but I've been recording every single run I've done since.

Ally 🌠

Do you have a resource pack or something?

Slyzard

Quote from: -Kiwi Alexia ♡ on October 14, 2017, 05:21:16 PM
Do you have a resource pack or something?

No, just the base game and nothing more.

Peridot

In all seriousness, it just sounds like a graphical glitch to me. They don't happen often, but they happen just rare enough to make you question if the games out to haunt you and your entire family... I had a similar occurance with Plants Vs. Zombies a few years back, for those who are familar with the game.

One zombie was just standing in one place running the eating animation when there was no plant in front of him. Not as creepy as your occurance but still pretty weird nevertheless.

Info Teddy

Quote from: Slyzard on October 14, 2017, 04:26:55 PMI was playing the game and in the final level (specifically the Cosmic Creepers room and The Last Straw + W rooms) There would be this really weird texture change in between the usual flashing colour changes, only for a second every now and then where everything went white, black and red. The dissolving panels went invisible (but the collision was still on) and everything felt like I was in one of those haunted video game creepypastas. I haven't managed to find anything on this anywhere else on the net, not in any of the wikias, subreddits or google.

Has anyone else ever seen this before? Is it a glitch or something Cavanagh put in there to happen once in a million colour changes in that final segment? Because in all my time playing and all my runs (I speedrun it a lot) I haven't come across it once until now and it happened twice in this one run in the aforementioned rooms.

I don't have any screenshots or videos but I've been recording every single run I've done since.
i don't believe this one bit

but anyway @cos8o here's something to look for in your vvvvvv decomp