2.2, ever?

Started by PJBottomz, May 03, 2012, 09:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJBottomz

Even though it appears that the initial buzz from VVVVVV's release is over, are you ever planning on releasing 2.2? I was so looking forward to some of the things you promised.

(And I'd appreciate a version without the pause screen, still. ;))

Arthur

Terry also told he was making VVVVVV levels: is he still working on these? (he told it in this post: http://distractionware.com/blog/2011/08/a-quick-update/)

PJBottomz

Quote from: Arthur on May 04, 2012, 11:46:36 AM
Terry also told he was making VVVVVV levels: is he still working on these? (he told it in this post: http://distractionware.com/blog/2011/08/a-quick-update/)

That post was INCREDIBLY old. That was back in 2011. He's already since released 2.1

FIQ

Terry is having problems even releasing 2.1 (final), so I'll guess no.

Also I guess you're aware of this thread (as you was the one who made it): http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?topic=849.0

Although, the idea of 2.2 was awesome, and I would really appreciate if it would come, I don't believe it.

PJBottomz

I completely forgot about that post. :verdigris:

Oh well. 2.1 is still pretty good, so no worries.

buzzyrecky

What would 2.2 have, though?

I'd love having more enemy sizes, and custom enemies (which were two features I thought were planned), but other than that I don't know what else is needed. More SoulEye music, maybe?

FIQ

2.1 final will have a new soundtrack for the final level.
2.2 would have improved scripting, new level format and support for tower maps and therefore also access to Tower Tileset.

No idea if there was any progress on 2.2 features at all. One hing I know though is that at first, you could use Tower Tileset just as you could use the lab one or anything like that.

Starius65

buzzyrecky

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the tower

that'd be pretty cool to have, actually.

EDIT: Also, I LOVE your avatar, Starius

Starius65

VVVVVV is just getting popular. It can't end now! There is so much potential! So much more that could be done! The age of VVVVVV has just begun.

DONT END IT!

But its a lost hope now. I still cant believe Terry makes these things and then abandons them so shortly.
ps: Dear Terry, i shall never buy another game by you unless you finish vvvvvv. If you're not going to finish it, I plan to buy the rights off you in the future.  :vermillion:

buzzyrecky

If he's ending it to make a game that's even better, then that's fine with me.

I do love VVVVVV and hope it continues to update, though.

Starius65

if he made a sequel to vvvvvv, that would be ok with me.
a 3D platformer maybe...

Starius65

Its been almost a year now...
anything yet?

UberHacker

No... we still use the 2.1 beta patch. :-X Pretty sure Terry's done making anything new for it. :(

FIQ

I'm all fine with lack of 2.2 but at least 2.1 could have been finished.. 2.0 has some serious stability issues (and crashes every now and then) for me and I think people other than ones active here would like a final 2.1 due to this.