Starting a Level Contest!

Started by Chorodo, January 09, 2018, 12:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weee50

Alright, even though there's like 7 hours until the deadline, the first entry has been submitted! Because the level plus the graphics is over 128 kilobytes, I will use two attachments (one with the actual level and some graphics and one with more graphics).

Okay, enough with the copy-pasted message from my entry for Duckman's creator contest. I just found that it also applied pretty well to this contest's entry. Because you never said whether custom tiles were allowed or not, I'm just assuming that they are.

My level is called "Prison Escape", and in it, the crew gets trapped in a prison, and Viridian needs to help them escape. I know, a little cliché, but I had no other ideas when I started the level. So, here's the level!

Bruce Michez

Well, I'm going to give it a rating anyway, because why not.

Room Layout: an easy 5 points.
Gameplay: I'm going to go with 3 points here, as it's a bit uneven.  It's tempting to give full marks just for :verdigris:'s brilliant section, but the others don't quite live up to it.
Trinkets: +1 point.  I felt that these were the level's weakest point, though none of them are really truly bad.

That's a 9/10.  Still a big thumbs up.

Lollipop

Room Layout (4.5 points):

The rooms are nice, the mix of area tiles is nice-looking. The custom graphics are also nice (although the orange death things in the Vandara section are kind of weird)

I took half a point off because you re-used quite a number of rooms from the game/the prototype, I know it's for the whole time travel concept, but it just feels a bit lazy to me.

Gameplay (4 points):

Those coins you used in the prototype section were cool, I didn't know you could use those.

Verdigris' section is amazing. The concept is great (and also reminds me of a certain flash game). Like WSM mentioned, the rest of the level doesn't live to how awesome the gimmick was. Turning into a square was pretty cool too, great use of I.S. Also was a fan of the "enlarged" section.

Trinkets (1 points):

The trinkets are ok, but some of them are a lot harder than others.

8.5/10 + 1 (for trinkets)

Solid level with cool concepts, good stuff :)

moth 🦋

im not a judge but this level was amazing
the gimmicks were great but it was just genuinely fun!

Chorodo

Quote from: weee50 on April 10, 2018, 12:18:36 AM
Alright, even though there's like 7 hours until the deadline, the first entry has been submitted! Because the level plus the graphics is over 128 kilobytes, I will use two attachments (one with the actual level and some graphics and one with more graphics).

Okay, enough with the copy-pasted message from my entry for Duckman's creator contest. I just found that it also applied pretty well to this contest's entry. Because you never said whether custom tiles were allowed or not, I'm just assuming that they are.

My level is called "Prison Escape", and in it, the crew gets trapped in a prison, and Viridian needs to help them escape. I know, a little cliché, but I had no other ideas when I started the level. So, here's the level!
Sorry for the inactivity, but I'll play it and rate it.

Chorodo

Holy sheet, Info Teddy made a video of the entry. Didn't expect my name to be featured in it. ;-;

Info Teddy

Quote from: syminoK on May 17, 2018, 12:27:06 AMHoly sheet, Info Teddy made a video of the entry. Didn't expect my name to be featured in it. ;-;
your name is literally in the level desc lol