Version 2: Report bugs here

Started by Terry, July 28, 2011, 03:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nougatmachine

The VVVVVV.app bundle is reporting an incorrect version number in the Mac version. Attached is a picture of what you see in a Finder "get info" window. Despite what it says, this is actually version 2.0.

Psychopath

It is completely possible to get stuck inside a moving platform (most notably a vertically moving one).

If the side of the platform clips into Captain Viridian, he will be held in place until it moves far enough away that he can drop out freely. However, at the same time, the vertically moving platform is bouncing off of him so that it can move freely without him in its way. The result is a vertically locked captain and platform. Even if he tries to flip away, he'll still remain stuck inside the platform and the platform will remain stuck as it desperately tries to bounce off of him.

Thankfully, this is not commonplace in the main game, but it does happen in custom stages where it is easier to replicate due to differing designs. Had I not known that R would force a respawn, I would have had no other choice but to restart the stage.

stormi

Similar bugs have been reported already concerning the gravitron, but only in flip mode, so I'll report mine.

- start intermission 2
- beat the gravitron
- don't rescue the crew member, but instead press R to die

=> you will respawn inside the gravitron and bounce up before the gravity line is drawed, thus escaping the gravitron.

TensaiKashou

To clarify about the time trial saving bug, it seems that your records, except for your time, come back when you play it again. This appears to be because time trial times simply aren't saved in unlock.vvv.

CHz

It seems that some of the enemy types have slightly smaller hitboxes than others. Is that intentional?

When I say "smaller," I'm talking microscopic: like one or two pixels. Small enough that you'd never notice unless you were intentionally trying to break a level.

Unfortunately, I was intentionally trying to break my own level, so I found out that, for some enemies, you can do this!

While I'm standing on the extreme edge of that platform, that vertically-moving enemy to the right harmlessly goes up and down. I didn't try it with all enemies, but it worked with those disc ones and the triangle ones. The square ones with diagonal stripes and the corrupted squarish ones, on the other hand, killed me every time.

DensetsuNoKaboom

I'm supposed to unlock the "Presenting VVVVVV" song at 10 trinkets, except I already have 14.

Nepenthes

I just installed the game, from the Humble Indie Bundle 3, and it doesn't create any menu entry in Unity (Ubuntu 11.10, amd64). I can't find it in the dash, I have to search for the game binary in the system folders...
I think this is a bug ?

simoroth

Quote from: Nepenthes on August 24, 2011, 07:52:19 PM
I just installed the game, from the Humble Indie Bundle 3, and it doesn't create any menu entry in Unity (Ubuntu 11.10, amd64). I can't find it in the dash, I have to search for the game binary in the system folders...
I think this is a bug ?

Yeah, sometimes it just doesnt make the entry on some Ubuntu Unity systems. I'm on it. :)

Pinkamena Diane Pie

Was playing a user-made level (Love V 2.0., from the archive pack) and flipped right at the start of the level into the warp token. Problem was, As soon as I moved forwards to flip it loaded up a script, but because I'd already flipped I went through the teleporter and into some spikes on the other side.

The problem is, I died mid-script, when you aren't supposed to be able to move. I ended up with the [Press Action to Advance Text] bar at the top of the screen permanently, but couldn't advance text or flip. I tried exiting the level and re-entering, and tried loading up a different level, both from player levels and the main game, but the [Press...] bar remained at the top of my screen. Only way I could get rid of it was to completely exit the game and reload. I doubt it'll happen very often since there are very few times when you'll be able to activate a script in mid-move, but it does cause a significant problem.

xTwoTails

Something I notice with this version is the Windowed Menu.
You know you have the X1, X2, X3, X4
I always set it to X1
But the game always starts with X2 resolution. Even after I start the main game or a Custom Level it stays at X2 resolution.
But what happens? When I get to the Windowed Menu, the game says "It's on 1X resolution"
Check screenshot
( Also sorry for the JPG file,  had to make it small enough to attach it )

simoroth

Hi

What OS are you on? Did you try the Beta patch?

xTwoTails

Version 2.0
Did I missed something? o.o
and on the screenshot I stated I was on Windows7

Buttons

I've had some weird issues with script lines disappearing. Most often I'll finish a script, then when I reopen it again the last line is missing. Most recently I wrote a twenty-something-line script, then reopened it to find that only the first three lines were there.

Is this a known bug? It seems like something that would come up for more people given how often I'm seeing it. Any way around it? So far my technique is "just write the lines again", but that doesn't actually work a lot of the time.

PJBottomz

Quote from: Buttons on September 30, 2011, 05:09:14 PM
I've had some weird issues with script lines disappearing. Most often I'll finish a script, then when I reopen it again the last line is missing. Most recently I wrote a twenty-something-line script, then reopened it to find that only the first three lines were there.

Is this a known bug? It seems like something that would come up for more people given how often I'm seeing it. Any way around it? So far my technique is "just write the lines again", but that doesn't actually work a lot of the time.

Super PJ to the rescue!

Okay, I need a complete copy of EXACTLY what your script looks like before I can do ANYTHING.

Officer Captain

I think you need an empty line after your last script, sir.