Level editor suggestions

Started by darkhog, December 26, 2011, 04:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue626

I didn't think that the editor's limitations were related to its Commodore 64 style. Well, I like the retro-style, and I believe that there's a way to keep the font and color of the editor and, at the same time, add the modern features.

Quote from: FIQ on June 11, 2012, 06:48:08 PM
There is, but not w/o editing manually. platv="" in a room controls the speed (default is 4).

I won't change the platform speed, then. I didn't need to change it, anyway :verdigris:.

Arthur

Maybe being able to use "passive" scripts, which would allow to use dialogue boxes without stopping Viridian, like in Comms Relay?

blue626

I like that idea, scripts that don't stop Viridian and don't create cut-scenes. This should be useful for turning flags on/off without stopping Viridian or making anyone speak, and, so, nobody would notice the flag changed! :vermillion: :vitellary:

FIQ

You can always have a script with the sole purpose of turning a flag on or off, w/o dialogs. I had ton of these in my level :P

"Background" dialogs is a nice idea.

blue626

I thought I read somewhere that scripts expect a say/reply command and, so, put the cutscene bars and that if you don't put a say/reply command, the cutscene bars will stay. I guess I was wrong. I'll try doing one of those scripts.

FIQ

I don't know how the parser work, but I've found out that if a script contain any say/reply *at all*, cutscenebars will appear, even if the script is stopped at the beginning (for example if you're doing an one-time script the "wrong" way). Honestly I think this is just weird and that the parser should improve on this, but it's like this at the moment.