VVVVVV Internal Scripting Resource (For scripting, sound effects, etc.)

Started by i don't use this site anymore, please don't look at my posts, April 11, 2016, 02:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraZ0R

Guys I figured out how to get an orange text box!!! FIRST MAKE A BLUE TEXTBOX , THEN ENABLE MAGNIFIER , THEN TURN ON INVERTED COLORS!! THE BLUE TEXT BOX BECOMES ORANGE!!!1!! THIS TOTALLY WORKS

QwertymanO07

fraZ0R

No. Also , why is there a filter on tolp which replaces any instance of "VVVVVV" with "Super Hexagon"??

weee50

My text isn't working.

say(16) #v
text(green,0,0,2)
Right. Can you just teleport me
already?
position(green,above)
squeak(green)
speak_active
delay(10)
endtext
flash(5)
playef(9)
shake(20)
gotoroom(1,9)
gotoposition(112,112)
play(8)
endcutscene()
loadscript(stop) #v
text(1,0,0,4) #v

I don't see what the problem could be...

lol...ipops2

Quote from: weee50 on April 02, 2017, 01:23:39 PM
My text isn't working.

say(16) #v
text(green,0,0,2)
Right. Can you just teleport me
already?
position(green,above)
squeak(green)
speak_active
delay(10)
endtext
flash(5)
playef(9)
shake(20)
gotoroom(1,9)
gotoposition(112,112)
play(8)
endcutscene()
loadscript(stop) #v
text(1,0,0,4) #v

I don't see what the problem could be...
You need to put squeak green before text(hurghreiu) or after speak_active

weee50

But even if I remove the squeak command entirely (and change the say command) it doesn't work. And if I add another text box (and change the say command) it shows up fine, but the other text still doesn't show up.

Ally 🌠

weee50

This also doesn't work, it just makes the terminal print this:
Code (What it prints) Select
endcutscene
loadscript(stop) #v

This is the script:
Code (The script) Select
say(38) #v
play(5)
text(green,0,0,1)
This is the whole Polar Dimension?
position(green,above)
squeak(green)
speak_active
text(yellow,0,0,3)
Well, with such a small dimension
at the time, why would we need a
huge polar dimension?
position(center)
squeak(green)
squeak(yellow)
speak_active
text(green,0,0,3)
You have a point. Now, you implied
that the 20th trinket would be in
this dimension.
position(green,above)
squeak(green)
speak_active
text(green,0,0,1)
So where is it?
position(green,above)
squeak(green)
speak_active
text(yellow,0,0,3)
You'll have to extract the trinket,
which is being used as a battery,
from the generator.
position(center)
squeak(green)
squeak(yellow)
speak_active
play(15)
endtext
endcutscene()
loadscript(stop) #v
text(1,0,0,4) #v

Ally 🌠

Move the squeaks above all the text()s, you can't have one right before speak_active.

Dav999

I'm not sure if you really can't, but I've never seen it done like that before, so yeah, try and see if that's causing the problem.

weee50

My hideplayer() command isn't working, here's the script (I turned on internal scripting mode in Ved). Everything else works fine though, it just seems to ignore the hideplayer() command. I'm using VVVVVV 2.2 Make and Play edition if that helps.
hideplayer()
createcrewman(56,8,yellow)
changetile(yellow,20)
createcrewman(88,8,blue)
changetile(blue,20)
changecolour(blue,yellow)
createcrewman(120,8,blue)
changetile(blue,20)
createcrewman(152,8,blue)
changetile(blue,20)
createcrewman(184,8,blue)
changetile(blue,20)
createcrewman(216,8,blue)
changetile(blue,20)

Dav999

Viridian flashes a few times for a second when spawning, and because that script isn't using any kind of delay like cutscene bars with untilbars(), that hideplayer() runs before the game is done hiding and showing the player a few times itself.

Dav999

Headings in a regular text box, or massive "Level Complete" style?

If in a regular text box, you can use backgroundtext before speak/speak_active for that first text box to immediately continue with the script (and don't forget to use speak for the second text box instead of speak_active, otherwise you'll immediately erase the first one)

Massive ones aren't possible.

Info Teddy

Quote from: prrg on March 30, 2017, 12:49:31 PMIs there a way to make a text box of different color without creating an entirely new crewmate? (or to at least hide the crewmate off-screen?)
Quote from: prrg on March 30, 2017, 03:08:36 PMI do realize that but when I created the crewmate at coordinate -25, -25 he just fell down from the corner of the screen to me.
Quote from: shiny k on March 30, 2017, 02:06:13 PMyou realize he's creating the crewmates at coordinate -25,-25 right
that literally hides them offscreen
Quote from: lol...ipops2 on March 30, 2017, 04:33:16 PMMake sure there are solid tiles near -25 -25.
Quote from: -Kiwi Alexia ♡ on March 31, 2017, 12:28:06 AMuh
Do like
-200 -200
the cause of the crewmate appearing onscreen despite offscreen coordinates is to due the room warping on all sides, either because you set it to be that way or because you're in the super gravitron room at (20, 9). place a warpline to fix this.

Quote from: lol...ipops2 on March 30, 2017, 04:33:16 PMMake sure there are solid tiles near -25 -25.
you cannot place solid tiles (or any tiles) near (-25, -25) because 0. it is offscreen and 1. it cannot be stored in the room data.

Quote from: -Kiwi Alexia ♡ on March 31, 2017, 12:28:06 AMuh
Do like
-200 -200
that wouldn't help, because the crewmate will still wraparound onscreen due to the room warping on all sides.

Quote from: lol...ipops2 on April 01, 2017, 03:31:15 PMHOW DOES ONE MAKE VOON
if you look in dim. open's createvoon script, you'll see color 17 is used for the createentity crewmate.