Black screen

Started by Dav999, September 08, 2012, 05:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dav999

I just bought Super Hexagon from the App Store, and when I run it, all I get is the 'Loading, headphones recommended' screen, then the screen becomes black and a game center message pops up saying welcome back, which disappears after 2 seconds. After that the screen stays black. I already tried force quitting and resetting my iPod, but I still only get to the black screen. :victoria:

I have an iPod Touch 4th generation with iOS 5.1.1 (9B206).

EDIT: It works fine now! :viridian: It turns out I had to delete some things on my iPod. Now to try it out!

ciderman

I have a Iphone 3GS, jailbroken on 4.0.1.
There is plenty of memory left, over 1gb, no other problems I can see.
I bought Super Hexagon and can play it on my non Jailbroken Ipad and 4s, but not my 3gs.
There it does the loading screen bit before giving me a black screen.
I initially sync'd it via itunes, but it didn't work.
I deleted it and instead used the app store on the phone and downloaded it directly, still nothing after the initial load screen, just black.

Some help, please!

I am told that Super Hexagon should work fine under 4.0.1, so I don't know whats going on.

All help gratefully received.

Dav999

I think I've found the problem: In the iTunes store, it says: "Requires iOS 4.3 or later." So, if you want to play the game, the only solution is unjailbreaking and updating iOS! Or wait until there is an update for Super Hexagon which fixes this...

ciderman

Thanks!
I have a whole other problem there, my phone won't update!
Going to take it to some clinic and let them update the arse out of it.
I've tried everything I can find and it's not budging from 4.0.1!
But, I gotta have Super Hexagon, the wife won't let me take her iPad2 or iPhone 4s out and about with me so it's the 3gs or nothing!
That said if the Android edition turns up we'd be laughing!