Dimension Pixel [WIP]

Started by pixelator, July 12, 2016, 12:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixelator

Alright, I think I need help with IS again. Sorry.
So this time I'm trying to create a custom crewmate in the Final Level, but once again, nothing happens when I enter the script box.

script1:

iftrinkets(0,script2)

script2:

createentity(100,100,18,11,0) #v

I should note that the script box is on the edge of a room with vertical wrapping. Will that affect anything?

Dav999

To get it to work in that way, there needs to be exactly 1 blank line below the line in script2 (if you're editing the script in VVVVVV) or exactly 0 (if you're editing with Ved, because the line that has to be there in VVVVVV is a ghost line)

Also, that #v is only used by Ved to make it recognize its own internal scripting mode properly, so adding that has no effect.

pixelator

Quote from: Dav999 on July 17, 2016, 01:03:01 PM
To get it to work in that way, there needs to be exactly 1 blank line below the line in script2 (if you're editing the script in VVVVVV) or exactly 0 (if you're editing with Ved, because the line that has to be there in VVVVVV is a ghost line)

Also, that #v is only used by Ved to make it recognize its own internal scripting mode properly, so adding that has no effect.

Oh, alright. Thanks!

I only included the #v to see if it changed anything, since I used it in the last internal script.

CreepiX

How to beat the Warp Zone for the second time? The giant warp just brings me to the Cavern and that's all. Also, what it the ship for? D. S. S. Pixela.

pixelator

Quote from: CreepiX on July 17, 2016, 02:00:00 PM
How to beat the Warp Zone for the second time? The giant warp just brings me to the Cavern and that's all. Also, what it the ship for? D. S. S. Pixela.

The ship is the little secret I was talking about and the end of the second WZ has a huge bug with flags that makes it really weird...

So for the next update, I had to remap the warps, so if you rescued Verdigris first, the level is unwinnable. If you reset your save, though, it forces you to rescue him second anyway.

CreepiX

Quote from: Mr. Pixelator on July 17, 2016, 04:27:44 PM
Quote from: CreepiX on July 17, 2016, 02:00:00 PM

The ship is the little secret I was talking about and the end of the second WZ has a huge bug with flags that makes it really weird...

So for the next update, I had to remap the warps, so if you rescued Verdigris first, the level is unwinnable. If you reset your save, though, it forces you to rescue him second anyway.
Oh. Waaaaaaa :victoria:

pixelator

Oh yeah and the DTTHW remake Tower is finished and I went a little into the Final Level, but I can't figure out how to unlock the Final Level if you've rescued all five crewmates.

CreepiX

Quote from: Mr. Pixelator on July 17, 2016, 06:10:42 PM
Oh yeah and the DTTHW remake Tower is finished and I went a little into the Final Level, but I can't figure out how to unlock the Final Level if you've rescued all five crewmates.
I guess you should make dialogue cutscenes trigger flags, and if all 5 are triggered - you can go.

pixelator

Quote from: CreepiX on July 17, 2016, 06:31:13 PM
I guess you should make dialogue cutscenes trigger flags, and if all 5 are triggered - you can go.

Well, the (first) Warp Zone cutscene triggers a flag to take you to the second Warp Zone the second time, so that's set.

CreepiX

Quote from: Mr. Pixelator on July 17, 2016, 06:33:25 PM
Quote from: CreepiX on July 17, 2016, 06:31:13 PM

Well, the (first) Warp Zone cutscene triggers a flag to take you to the second Warp Zone the second time, so that's set.
Well. I rescued Violet first and it still takes me to the Cavern. Where must I go?

P. S. HOW DO YOU MAKE COLOURED WARP TOKENS??!?!?!?!

Shadeblast

as far as i can see, there's 1 misplaced block at Space Station Entrance.

pixelator

Quote from: Shadeblast on July 17, 2016, 07:07:06 PM
as far as i can see, there's 1 misplaced block at Space Station Entrance.

:vitellary: :vitellary: :vitellary: OH NOES!!!!!!!!! I'll fix it right away.

Also, when I enter the level editor right after playing a level, it randomly plays Positive Force in the level editor.

Shadeblast

also, pixelator, didn't we met in GD wikia?
huh?

pixelator

Quote from: Shadeblast on July 17, 2016, 07:21:51 PM
huh?

Um...

:verdigris:    ...Nooooooo...

Also, when I try the flags thing, the cutscene bars just stay on.

Also, other than that, I'm done with this update!

Also, the Final Level features some new characters, as well as an old friend we haven't seen since [SPOILERS]

Shadeblast

Quote from: Mr. Pixelator on July 17, 2016, 07:25:41 PM
Quote from: Shadeblast on July 17, 2016, 07:21:51 PM
huh?

Um...

:verdigris:    ...Nooooooo...

ffs
i was TehBlastrX here
ask Vultarix
ask Shiny
ask everyone who known me