To you, what is bad level design?

Started by Arthur, June 15, 2012, 01:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dav999

Well, one time I actually wanted to make an impossible level with passwords after each room, and I really wanted invincibility to be off for that one. Also editing the level should be impossible.

I think you should be able to set a password for editing certain levels!

Damn It AL to Hell

Quote from: Dav999 on October 22, 2012, 05:35:33 PM
Well, one time I actually wanted to make an impossible level with passwords after each room, and I really wanted invincibility to be off for that one. Also editing the level should be impossible.

That would be nice. To have to explore a level to find a terminal with the password so you can access a new area.  :)

JPlus

The Tower of Power sought of did that. You would get a trinket at the end of a level, then if you go back to the main tower a gravity line blocking a passage disappears.

Dav999

Quote from: Vex69 on October 27, 2012, 11:49:50 PM

That would be nice. To have to explore a level to find a terminal with the password so you can access a new area.  :)

Uh... I meant something else. I meant passwords after each area, which can be posted on the forum to prove how far you got. To prevent people from getting those passwords by opening the level in the editor, you would need to password protect opening levels in the editor, and encrypt the level so it can't be viewed in a text editor.

Flushex

Quote from: Dav999 on November 13, 2012, 10:46:53 PM
Quote from: Vex69 on October 27, 2012, 11:49:50 PM

Uh... I meant something else. I meant passwords after each area, which can be posted on the forum to prove how far you got. To prevent people from getting those passwords by opening the level in the editor, you would need to password protect opening levels in the editor, and encrypt the level so it can't be viewed in a text editor.

Do you think that's something you could pull off??

I think it would be fun. And considering how seemingly slow the forums move, I feel like I would have a good shot  :D