Started by allison, December 25, 2017, 05:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allison

the universe is unraveling.
i try to answer.

download.

soundtrack.

Installation:
Place the zip file inside the levels folder without extracting it.

Changelog:

v1.5
* Updated name credits
* Added custom map image
* Redesigned "Locked"
* Fixed a bug where Indigo Traps and one of the segments of NO SIGNAL don't loop in recent versions of VVVVVV
* Fixed a typo on the dialogue at the end of the Suspended Town
* Fixed a bug where Undiscovered Section doesn't play if you leave the Abandoned Gardens
* Slightly nerfed (5,11) and its variant rooms so you don't have to rely on finicky alignment stuff
* Made a room exit in (14,17) more visible
v1.4
* Victoria's room in the ship now matches its damaged state at the end of VVVVVV
* Tweaked dialogue at the end of area 2
* Most dialogue in area 4 no longer halts the player
v1.3
* Fix crash in the Linux version of VVVVVV
v1.2
* Fix cutscene bars bug
v1.1
* Fix bug where empty spaces appear in map at start

This short level has been in development for a very long time. It was supposed to be a Halloween level, but was delayed a bit so it's ended up releasing at Christmas instead. Despite the tonal incongruity with the yuletide atmosphere, I hope you enjoy it.

moth 🦋

yup as expected the level was amazing
the music is super good and really helps with the atmosphere of each area
all of the mechanics introduced were incredibly unique as well which was amazing
i also think that the graphics were very well done and fit perfectly with the regular VVVVVV graphics while still feeling unique
i don't want to spoil anything but... just wow

Ally 🌠

best level on the forums so far
good job

theres a small bug i found, i pinged you on discord

Peridot

Very well made. I love the custom textures and soundtrack, but not my cup of tea...  :viridian:

allison

It's come to my attention that this level breaks in the Linux version of the game. I'm really sorry for missing something so big, and I'll try to get a fix out asap!

EDIT: This is fixed in 1.3. This is the only thing it changes, so if you don't use Linux you don't need to update.

Bruce Michez

Quote from: crazya on December 25, 2017, 05:27:03 AM
It was supposed to be a Halloween level, but was delayed a bit so it's ended up releasing at Christmas instead.

Don't feel bad.  It's just a solid level in its own right, with an interesting plot and my favourite custom soundtrack in any VVVVVV map.

allison

Quote from: Weird Shadow Machine on December 26, 2017, 05:03:47 AM
Quote from: crazya on December 25, 2017, 05:27:03 AM
It was supposed to be a Halloween level, but was delayed a bit so it's ended up releasing at Christmas instead.

Don't feel bad.  It's just a solid level in its own right, with an interesting plot and my favourite custom soundtrack in any VVVVVV map.

Thanks! I just uploaded the soundtrack if you want to listen to it separately: https://alekfleischer.bandcamp.com/album/unshackled-ost

uugr

Welp. Pack it up everyone, no more level making, the best one is already done. It's all downhill from here.

Seriously though, this was amazing. Especially the music. One minor bug - it doesn't seem to loop, I had to save and reload a couple of times to keep the music going.

Just... damn. Especially that last glitchy section was a lot of fun.

11/10

Ally 🌠

Quote from: uugr on December 29, 2017, 05:40:47 PM
Especially the music. One minor bug - it doesn't seem to loop, I had to save and reload a couple of times to keep the music going.
Make sure you have MMMMMM.vvv in the same directory as vvvvvvmusic.vvv

Duckman50001

[insert years of trying to make a level better than unshackled]

allison

I think everyone in the tiny niche that would play this already has, but nevertheless I just pushed one last update to fix a couple issues.

* Victoria's room in the ship now matches its damaged state at the end of VVVVVV
* Tweaked dialogue at the end of area 2
* Most dialogue in area 4 no longer halts the player

ApparentHorizon

It was a nice level. It was scary but it was fun nonetheless (except for "Locked". I hated that part the most  :violet:)

allison

new update! fixed a lot of small things that were bothering me, link & changelog in the first post