Overdose: A level by Lollipop and Allison Fleischer [V1.4]

Started by allison, January 16, 2016, 12:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Info Teddy

Quote from: Dav999 on August 15, 2023, 11:22:03 AMWe also discussed this on Discord for Summer Spooktacular back in May (search term "fb38668"), we should really make VVVVVV ignore this error and print something to console instead of considering the song invalid.
Did you read the discussion? The bug in that case was that Summer Spooktacular's track had a size that went past the end of the file. As a result of that, I committed 0f45e0c52, which does exactly what you suggested.
Quote from: Dav999 on August 15, 2023, 11:22:03 AMThe vast majority of people understandably have never seen VVVVVV's console and have no idea how to access it...
Yes, but I was not talking to the vast majority of people. I was talking to uugr, who could be knowledgeable enough to access the console. If it was an average player, I wouldn't have asked.

uugr

I'm extremely flattered to be have reached the vaunted heights of "potentially knowledgeable enough to access the VVVVVV console", but unfortunately I've never seen it and have no idea how to access it.

Info Teddy

In any case, the custom track of Overdose is working fine in 2.4.

uugr DMed me on Discord about the music in Tempel van Hond not working, and in that case, for some reason all the size values in the headers are 0, and for some reason, 2.2 somehow handled it in such a way that the tracks played. I don't know how it does it, and I don't know if there's any ill effects from having a size 0 (probably; this is 2.2 after all). I also don't know how I managed to produce such a music file with size 0 values in the first place, and don't remember what tool I used to create the music file. (It was probably a self-compiled version of the binary blob code that Terry released and that FIQ later fixed up.)

allison

hey, i just released a small update for this! it fixes the music bug people have been talking about and also has a couple other small fixes. link & changelog in the first post!