Delete Levels From List?

Started by SSSSSS, December 27, 2017, 09:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSSSSS

Hello,
Let me start off by saying I am a huge fan of the game and I play it almost daily. I often come here logged out to download new levels to play. Because of this, my player level list has gotten quite lengthy. When I remove the files from both "saves" and "levels" folders, both in program files and in in documents, the level remains! Is there anyway to get rid of it? This is probably VVVVVV 101 but I've tried everything. Your help is appreciated! I play on computer, not Steam.
-SSSSSS
(P.S. Terry, I apologize for my last message made on this IP. I was only trying to help.  :))

Ally 🌠

make sure ur not trying to remove default levels!

DubstVne

Quote from: -Kiwi Alexia ♡ on December 28, 2017, 02:57:08 AM

@SSSSSS If you dont know what she is saying, she is saying that you should not delete featured levels. A complicated way of saying that: the levels that appear even before you                                                                                                                     download any.

Ally 🌠

Quote from: DubstVne on December 31, 2017, 11:48:56 PM
Quote from: -Kiwi Alexia ♡ on December 28, 2017, 02:57:08 AM

@SSSSSS If you dont know what she is saying, she is saying that you should not delete featured levels. A complicated way of saying that: the levels that appear even before you                                                                                                                     download any.
...they dont need clarification.

echolite

Quote from: SSSSSS on December 27, 2017, 09:31:58 PM
Hello,
Let me start off by saying I am a huge fan of the game and I play it almost daily. I often come here logged out to download new levels to play. Because of this, my player level list has gotten quite lengthy. When I remove the files from both "saves" and "levels" folders, both in program files and in in documents, the level remains! Is there anyway to get rid of it? This is probably VVVVVV 101 but I've tried everything. Your help is appreciated! I play on computer, not Steam.
-SSSSSS
(P.S. Terry, I apologize for my last message made on this IP. I was only trying to help.  :))

Make sure you haven't created a copy of a level by accident.

Info Teddy

to delete default levels, you have to delete them from data.zip. where is data.zip located? it's where your installation directory is (not your customization directory), basically where all the binaries for the game are. if you're using steam then {steam dir}/steamapps/common/vvvvvv and if using map (make and play) then it's just wherever you installed it.

try, if possible, to delete the levels without decompressing data.zip. if for some weird reason you can't do that then i guess you can just decompress, delete the files, and then recompress