Trinket Mines (Short) (Supposedly Difficult)

Started by Pyrite, February 12, 2012, 10:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyrite

This is supposedly difficult level. Check it out!
it's1x1

blue626

Bump! I played the version from your 7-pack (which I suppose that is the same).

Why did you hide the size of the level?
It's better to change warp-direction to change the background.
This level hasn't got great design: it has some 1-tile thin walls, floating spikes, and some of those are hidden inside the quicksand platforms. There must be a way to fix those without changing the difficulty.
Also, is the terminal suppose to do something, besides saying the dialog and creating flashes?
Enemy bounds aren't perfect. The two last enemies don't bounce the same length, sometimes staying close, sometimes being on opposite sides. Erasing a column of walls at the left of the upper enemy should fix that. That part (which I suppose that is the last) is hard, anyway; but, because of that mistake, it's a bit annoying. I still didn't pass that part.

Dav999

That is a hard level! 'The Singular Room' was the hardest, I still can't get past that room... :P

Pyrite

Quote from: blue626 on August 01, 2012, 04:18:06 PM
It's better to change warp-direction to change the background.
This level hasn't got great design: it has some 1-tile thin walls, floating spikes, and some of those are hidden inside the quicksand platforms. There must be a way to fix those without changing the difficulty.
Also, is the terminal suppose to do something, besides saying the dialog and creating flashes?
Enemy bounds aren't perfect. The two last enemies don't bounce the same length, sometimes staying close, sometimes being on opposite sides. Erasing a column of walls at the left of the upper enemy should fix that. That part (which I suppose that is the last) is hard, anyway; but, because of that mistake, it's a bit annoying. I still didn't pass that part.
The enemies are supposed to do that. I've beaten this level twice, and the level doesn't warp because the things regenerate. The spikes are floating magically. The terminal is just there to be cool and stuff. The enemy part wasn't a mistake. I don't care about bad level design.

blue626

You don't care about bad level design!? You're probably the 1st person to say that on this forum!
About the floating spikes, they look strange, even if they are floating magically, The reason for they being bad level design is just that. It's the same reason for the 1-tile thin walls. Since you don't care about level design, you don't need to change those.
The last enemy part is a bit annoying because you have to wait various seconds. Even when it's the right time, it's still hard to pass.

I don't mind that it has that terminal. Those are normal, anyway.
I knew the reason for the warps: it's because the level is 1x1 (why did you want to hide that?) and because dimensions (levels) warp in all sides by themselves.
Dav999: Like I said before, the level is 1x1, so there's only one room! Why did you say it was the hardest if you only played one room?

Dav999

Quote from: blue626 on August 02, 2012, 10:46:28 PM
Dav999: Like I said before, the level is 1x1, so there's only one room! Why did you say it was the hardest if you only played one room?

That was a joke. :verdigris: And actually, it must be the hardest room, because there is no easier room! And it is also the easiest room, because there is no harder room! It's as simple as that.

Pyrite

Correction: I didn't care about level design in this level because it was just practice. Also it's a mine shaft, of COURSE it'll have strange looking walls.

blue626

Quote from: Dav999 on August 02, 2012, 11:04:39 PM

And actually, it must be the hardest room, because there is no easier room! And it is also the easiest room, because there is no harder room! It's as simple as that.

I knew that, but, normally peolpe don't say that when they have only played one room. That's why I asked. Also:

Quote from: Dav999 on August 01, 2012, 07:16:25 PM
I still can't get past that room... :P

That made me think that you didn't know that the level was 1x1 (because manofperson wrote that in white, for some reason). Did you knew that? Or, did you really know that and it was part of the joke?

Dav999

Quote from: blue626 on August 03, 2012, 12:04:57 PM
Quote from: Dav999 on August 02, 2012, 11:04:39 PM

And actually, it must be the hardest room, because there is no easier room! And it is also the easiest room, because there is no harder room! It's as simple as that.

I knew that, but, normally peolpe don't say that when they have only played one room. That's why I asked. Also:

Quote from: Dav999 on August 01, 2012, 07:16:25 PM
I still can't get past that room... :P

That made me think that you didn't know that the level was 1x1 (because manofperson wrote that in white, for some reason). Did you knew that? Or, did you really know that and it was part of the joke?

Yes, I knew, that's because I made the joke.

Piplup1122

This level seems really hard to me... I can't beat this! :victoria:

Anyway...
The only thing I mostly like is if the level is hard or easy or... something...

Vallu

It seems like that blue626 hasn't been reading youtube comments.

That last part is oo difficult. Can't clear.

blue626

Quote from: Vallu on August 10, 2012, 06:42:36 AM
It seems like that blue626 hasn't been reading youtube comments.

??? What's the relation between youtube comments and this level?

EDIT: Yes, I didn't read many Youtube comments about VVVVVV recently.