Level: Dimension Dimension

Started by Dav999, October 16, 2012, 08:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PyNe

Pretty fun level, the interaction is really well-done, you are good at scripting. The level was overall really nice, the only thing I didn't really like was the ending, maybe I just don't get it. :verdigris:

Dav999

I will update this level with more direct mode tiles! :viridian:

Rioshoa

Well well, I meant to get this up Sunday night, but as it goes I was failing with rendering.  But here it is now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ulj2Pip0CY&feature=plcp

Hope you enjoy, and if so, feel free to check out the other stuff I got: http://www.youtube.com/Rioshoa

Dav999

Wow, it was really fun to watch someone else play my level ;D

I did notice something weird when I watched your video: there's a trinket missing from the map! It's weird that it still shows it has a total of 10 trinkets, and I'll look into it. It was supposed to be in the clouds.

Anyway, great video!

Dav999

Hmmm... The trinket does appear in my version. Strange. Why would a trinket disappear from the level after downloading the level which has the trinket?

Dav999

I updated the level! I changed something with direct mode, so some areas look better now.
I forgot which other changes I made, and which areas were edited with direct mode, so maybe I left something out.

avengah

I don't understand the first puzzle. I brute forced it... Also, if you press R in a puzzle room, you're left with cutscene bars. I did that because I thought I'd missed an explanation or something, but there really is no explanation for the first puzzle room.

Also, how does the game know whether you're using 2.0 or 2.1? Is it to do with customifflag or the # line?

Dav999

Quote from: avengah on November 12, 2012, 10:14:08 AM
I don't understand the first puzzle. I brute forced it... Also, if you press R in a puzzle room, you're left with cutscene bars. I did that because I thought I'd missed an explanation or something, but there really is no explanation for the first puzzle room.

Hover for hint.

Hover for answer.

Also, how does the game know whether you're using 2.0 or 2.1? Is it to do with customifflag or the # line?

Well, how to explain that... There are a few internal commands that get inserted automatically when you use say(x), including squeak(terminal). The game shouldn't execute this, because you don't want to hear two terminals at once, and you don't want to get weird dialogs. Therefore, you should make the game think these commands are part of a text box, which is why you need text(1,0,0,4). If you use squeak(off) in 2.1, squeak(terminal) is removed, so there are only 3 lines that actually have to be removed, instead of 4. So the first line of your own internal scripting is removed instead. If that line is flag(xx,on), that flag will never turn on. In 2.0, squeak(off) doesn't work, so the squeak(terminal) line is still there. That means the flag(xx,on) is also still there, so the flag is turned on in 2.0. That way, you can see if you're using 2.0 or 2.1.

Hilbert

Quote from: Dav999 on November 12, 2012, 05:30:06 PM

Hover for hint.

Hover for answer.

Well, how to explain that... There are a few internal commands that get inserted automatically when you use say(x), including squeak(terminal). The game shouldn't execute this, because you don't want to hear two terminals at once, and you don't want to get weird dialogs. Therefore, you should make the game think these commands are part of a text box, which is why you need text(1,0,0,4). If you use squeak(off) in 2.1, squeak(terminal) is removed, so there are only 3 lines that actually have to be removed, instead of 4. So the first line of your own internal scripting is removed instead. If that line is flag(xx,on), that flag will never turn on. In 2.0, squeak(off) doesn't work, so the squeak(terminal) line is still there. That means the flag(xx,on) is also still there, so the flag is turned on in 2.0. That way, you can see if you're using 2.0 or 2.1.
Quote from: Dav999 on November 12, 2012, 05:30:06 PM

Hover for hint.

Hover for answer.

A full stop is a period, right?

Dav999

Yes. But you didn't have to quote it twice ???

Hilbert

:o wait, what? I did not quote that twice...

Dav999

Look at your post. Apparently, something happened which made two quotes appear. ???

Hilbert

Hilbert

**** this Gravitron. I got Error #6

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: RoskillaHULK!! on November 16, 2012, 12:28:25 PM
**** this Gravitron. I got Error #6

I did too! Flip in the room under the Anti-Wrappitron and you get error #6.