Dimension Open/The Open Level Project v1.1

Started by ToasterApocalypse, May 03, 2013, 03:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which level of mine would you like to see after tOLP?

Mission Polar
13 (27.1%)
Rainbow Factory
11 (22.9%)
tOLP 2 (Don't vote for this, I need to get the other two done :victoria: )
24 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Lord Ghetsis

Quote from: Dav999 on July 06, 2013, 08:32:25 PM
Quote from: BisonMan12 on July 06, 2013, 08:17:36 PM
Also how did you change platform speeds and enemy speeds? MUST know.

Platform speeds can be changed with platv in the level file just like tilecol, enemy speeds can only be changed if you create them as entities.

Don't set platv to something higher than 9 though, or it will glitch.

My other qstn is, how did you get the crates in there, anyway? And changing their speeds in Varying Velocity?

allison

Quote from: Lord Ghetsis on July 10, 2013, 12:50:34 PM
Quote from: Dav999 on July 06, 2013, 08:32:25 PM
Quote from: BisonMan12 on July 06, 2013, 08:17:36 PM
Also how did you change platform speeds and enemy speeds? MUST know.

Platform speeds can be changed with platv in the level file just like tilecol, enemy speeds can only be changed if you create them as entities.

Don't set platv to something higher than 9 though, or it will glitch.

My other qstn is, how did you get the crates in there, anyway? And changing their speeds in Varying Velocity?

The enemies in Varying Velocity were created with internal commands. Although you can't change their appearance from the crates, you can change their direction and speed.

Lord Ghetsis

How do you override the warp backgrounds?

Dav999

Quote from: Lord Ghetsis on July 10, 2013, 03:53:21 PM
How do you override the warp backgrounds?

I think having warplines does the trick. They should be in a position where you can't reach though, or where warping is intended.

TwiGav

EDIT:  Out of there, but stuck in the military area.  How are you supposed to get past the top layer of Spike room?

allison

Quote from: TwiGav on July 13, 2013, 12:58:19 PM
EDIT:  Out of there, but stuck in the military area.  How are you supposed to get past the top layer of Spike room?

Enter it, then exit to the right. There's a warp line, which the background is supposed to hint at

blue626

After ≈3 hours, I'm in the zone where I switch between Viridian and Valso, immediately after Viridian destroying the warp token.

• In the room "Going Down" (destabilized P.Dim.), there is floor hidden in the roomname. There was another room that had the same, but I forgot which (this one isn't necessarily in the dest. P. Dim.).
  • It seems that if a conveyor is one tile higher than a floor and there's a three tile wide horizontal gap between them, Viridian can go directly from the conveyor to the floor if the conveyor is pointing to the floor. There was a room with lots of conveyors in which this happened... I have to start memorizing roomnames... I've also seen Viridian pass two tile wide gaps with the conveyors and floor at the same height (in other levels).
  • This one is more important: When Valso and Viridian split paths, Viridian's speech is below Valso! It's still cyan, though. It's most likely related to him being the player. Do not that I'm still using 1.0.1,, but according to 1.1's changelog, it seems it wasn't fixed...
  • The first time I went to the room where Valso thought Viridian died, I went back before I activated the script. While that made me get a trinket nearby ( :D), I think the script should be more to the right...

Still very good...

Dav999

Quote from: Rioshoa on July 16, 2013, 08:34:24 PM
What have I done?!?!

Could you PM me your save (open 1.0[.1].vvvvvv.vvv) so I can correct Viridian's position to be back on track? The glitch was fixed in 1.1, and it's also highly recommended to upgrade to 1.1 because otherwise you may not be able to see the ending...

Rioshoa

I have already gotten back to that location, so it's not really an issue, I just have to be careful is all.  I don't save until I finish an episode, so I just backtracked back there.  If it continues to be issues, then I'll worry about it, otherwise I think it's a 1 time fluke.

Dav999

FIQ released version 1.1.1! It fixes the bug which enables you to break the game by selecting the teleporting to ship option. Updating is recommended!

http://tolp.net16.net/forum/index.php?topic=141.msg4545#msg4545

Dav999

Version 1.1.2 has been released! Changelog for 1.1.2:

• Fixed the bug where the ship teleporter didn't work
  • Extra checkpoint in Decryptions
  • Fixed Voon spawning when he's not supposed to.
  • Fixed a couple of grammar mistakes ("an Sapphire Keycard" and "Lets" which appeared more than I thought)

Updating is recommended! Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/f0onb452fdm5gap/open_v242_(1.1.2).vvvvvv

blue626

Time: around 3:30h. Deaths: 1679 (okay, I admit I'm not sure). Trinkets: 14/17
Currently in the (spoiler) test of wrapping.

• How about making  :viridian: automatically activate the terminal after the cutscene that's after the place where :viridian: and Valso split up? In the current way, you can exit the teleporter room through the emergency exit. When you activate the terminal later, Valso won't be there and he will appear immediately after you close the exit.
  • The first room of the zone that requires the Diamond Keycard has a floor hidden in the roomname! Surely that wasn't made on purpose... right?
  • I have to admit that I reached the test of platforms once before the hidden checkpoints were activated. I didn't expect that to happen, but then again, that was the intention...
  • After beating the test of wrapping and having the invisible CPs activated, I somehow died immediately after I warped to the next room and I spawned... with the music still being "Pushing Onwards"! How did that happen?
  • The repeating sound in the end of the Damond Keycard's zone was obviously original (at least to my knowlegde). And I didn't expect Viridian to have met a Yes Man...

Still great...

Also, I still used v.1.0.1. But I changed my mind about updating or not, remembering that most changes are bug fixes. I'll play the newest version from now on (in the next time I play, 1.1.2, unless another update is released in the meantime).

EDIT: Forgot to mention something.

Rioshoa

So ummm, I'm not sure if I did this part right.  But all the same, here's part 6! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYRNTbFww-4

And of course, my channel itself.  http://www.youtube.com/Rioshoa

allison

Quote from: Rioshoa on July 24, 2013, 01:39:15 AM
So ummm, I'm not sure if I did this part right.  But all the same, here's part 6! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYRNTbFww-4

And of course, my channel itself.  http://www.youtube.com/Rioshoa

You did it right, proceed to the totally awesome ruby area