The createentity box enemy

Started by Bruce Michez, August 16, 2016, 01:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Michez

I've been experimenting with it.  Two weird glitches have jumped out at me:

• If using the command in room (20,3), you get a red triangle instead of the usual pink box.  I wonder if there are other rooms where a similar anomaly occurs...  edit: yes!  In (19,1) you get "OBEY", complete with the bigger hitbox!
  • Movement type 10 generates a large number of enemies, then promptly crashes the game.  Don't use that.  Again, there are probably more.  edit: yup, 12 freezes the game.

QwertymanO07

Quote from: Weird Shadow Machine on August 16, 2016, 01:23:03 PM

• If using the command in room (20,3), you get a red triangle instead of the usual pink box.  I wonder if there are other rooms where a similar anomaly occurs...  edit: yes!  In (19,1) you get "OBEY", complete with the bigger hitbox!
This is actually how you spawn all of the larger than 16x16 enemies, such as skeletons, Yes Men, and that weird Ogmo bus thing.  You just spawn that enemy in the room with the same coordinates as the enemy's appearance in the main game.

Bruce Michez

Quote from: QwertymanO07 on August 16, 2016, 01:44:05 PM

This is actually how you spawn all of the larger than 16x16 enemies, such as skeletons, Yes Men, and that weird Ogmo bus thing.  You just spawn that enemy in the room with the same coordinates as the enemy's appearance in the main game.
Thought so.  I even got a pac-man (as seen in Edge Games) flying backwards at one point in the experiment.  FIQ would love this.

Ally 🌠

We already found this out a while ago, just saying

also i created the elephant and its amazing

moth 🦋

Yeah creating elephants that way is incredibly fun

FIQ

Quote from: Weird Shadow Machine on August 16, 2016, 01:55:32 PM
Quote from: QwertymanO07 on August 16, 2016, 01:44:05 PM

Thought so.  I even got a pac-man (as seen in Edge Games) flying backwards at one point in the experiment.  FIQ would love this.
Already aware, and if I decide to mess with my dim.V clone, I will make use of this.