Simplified Internal - a(nother) VED plugin

Started by Lollipop, September 01, 2019, 01:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lollipop

Allows users to utilize many simplied scripting commands in internal scripting.

The following few paragraphs are for the say() command, as it is by far the most confusing and versatile of the commands. When editing a script and internal mode is on, simply type a say() command like this:

say(lines,colour,x,y,speak,bgtext,squeak) and hit enter. The plugin will handle the rest.

you can use only the first 2 parameters, in which case the plugin will use 'colour' to position a text box, or you can use the first 4 parameters, or you can specify all 7. If you only use the first 4 parameters, the last 3 will default to 1 (see below).

What each parameter means:

lines - do i need to explain this one?
colour - supports the basic 7 AND the 6 special colours.
x - x coordinate of the text box; can also be centerx or a createcrewman colour.
y - y coordinate of the text box; can also be centery or if a crewman colour was specified in x, then it takes either 'above' or 'below'.
speak - 0 for speak, 1 for speak_active (if you enter a value that is not 0 or 1, it will default to 1.)
bgtext - 0 for background text, 1 for not background text.
squeak - 0 for no squeak, 1 for squeak.

This plugin also supports:
reply(lines,x,y,speak,bgtext,squeak)
flash -> flash(5) playef(9) shake(20)
map() -> custommap()
music() -> play() or stopmusic() if it's music(0)

Changelog:

1.1 - Renamed to Simplified Internal and added support for more commands.

enjoy

if something breaks, u can either leave a reply here or bother me on discord

Ally 🌠

stop making good things and help me make bad things

pixelator

this isn't really useful to me
it would be faster for me to type all the lines like normal than to learn how to use this

Ally 🌠

i mean

say(1,cyan)
[type stuff]

boom you got a textbox

moth 🦋

love this!
maybe you could add support for darkgreen, brightgreen, and brightcyan and itd automatically toss in a createcrewman and stuff? I hate having to look up the list when using those colors

Lollipop

1.1 - Renamed to Simplified Internal and added support for more commands (see op for download/more info).

Quote from: shiny k on September 02, 2019, 04:11:09 AM
love this!
maybe you could add support for darkgreen, brightgreen, and brightcyan and itd automatically toss in a createcrewman and stuff? I hate having to look up the list when using those colors

done

Quote from: pixelator on September 02, 2019, 01:32:30 AM
this isn't really useful to me
it would be faster for me to type all the lines like normal than to learn how to use this

this better be sarcasm

SHARKIE

Quote from: Lollipop on September 02, 2019, 05:15:41 AM
Quotethis isn't really useful to me

this better be sarcasm
i dont think it is