The Quick Question Thread

Started by Quote, September 15, 2016, 01:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LafondaSaysMeow

oh okay
just though with how you were talking about it previously that it could somehow work a bit

FIQ

The game just looks at your room coordinates and whether or not "finalmode" is active to figure out what room to load. Something like this:

if custom_level: loadcustomlevelmap(x,y)
else if final_mode: finalmode(x,y)
else if <coordinates are for the lab>: labmap(x,y)
else if <coordinates are for the station>: spacestationmap(x,y)
(...)

finalmode(x,y):
if x=46, y=54: load a map
else if x=46, y=55: load another map
(...)
else: load an empty map with name Outer Space

Quote from: Quattro_ on September 15, 2016, 09:39:22 AM
Oh, I think everyone is accepted as genderless in this game, except for Victoria. I mean, Verdigris and Vermillion are not particularly detailed in this instance. As maybe for Vitellary, that has got a low squeak.
Untrue.  While playing intermission 1, the tutorial boxes confirm that Vermilion, Verdigris, and Vitellary are all male.  Example:
https://sites.google.com/site/audishbhfweury/home/20160925194642_1.jpg
I can see why one would make that mistake though, it's a very minor detail.
I'm really sorry this isn't a screenshot I completely forgot how to resize them

LafondaSaysMeow

Quote from: Quote on September 26, 2016, 01:03:14 AM
I'm really sorry this isn't a screenshot I completely forgot how to resize them
[img width=x](your image adress)[/img]

Quote from: LafondaSaysMeow
b]width=x[/b]](your image adress)[/img]
thank yooooou sorry for the wonky quote I'm on mobile I know how to do it normally

Quote from: crazya on September 15, 2016, 03:59:21 AM
It's left ambiguous ingame
What if I told you everything you know is a lie? Lol just kidding, but I did find something that may refute this claim.  When you rescue Vermilion pre game completion, while talking to him in the ship, he refers to Viridian as "Sir".  Thoughts?

QwertymanO07

I'm pretty sure women are still called "Sir" in naval settings, which that was likely based on.

Quote from: QwertymanO07 on September 26, 2016, 10:50:23 PM
I'm pretty sure women are still called "Sir" in naval settings, which that was likely based on.
Hmmm... did not know that... I'm sure you could argue either way, I just found that interesting.  I for one choose to believe Viridian is male, but, to each their own! :viridian:

Instead of bumping the CCCCCCCCCC thread, I'll ask here.  It seems that the link to the mp3 files in the thread CCCCCCCCCC retold is broken.  Does anyone have these files?  Also, I can't get the custom music to work for me in that level either.  I put it in the documents folder, and I'm using 2.2, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Thanks!

Coralbits

Quote from: Unquote on September 28, 2016, 01:32:35 AM
Instead of bumping the CCCCCCCCCC thread, I'll ask here.  It seems that the link to the mp3 files in the thread CCCCCCCCCC retold is broken.  Does anyone have these files?  Also, I can't get the custom music to work for me in that level either.  I put it in the documents folder, and I'm using 2.2, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Thanks!
How do you use test boxes in internal scripting (with both methods and the whole script please)

QwertymanO07

squeak(color)/playef(x)
text(color,x,y,lines)
The box's text
position(color,position)
speak_active

So, to make Viridian say "Apples", you would type:
squeak(cyan)
text(cyan,0,0,1)
Apples
position(player,above)
speak_active

This will just stay on the screen forever, though, so you must place endtext() after the cutscene.

Another thing to note is that position() overrides the x and y values in text(), so you can just put 0.

Coralbits

Thanks. Also, how do you use the createcrewman or createentity command correctly? I am trying to code it so that when you, the player walk into a certain room, a villi that you are not going to rescue is supposed to be standing by a terminal, so how would I use these commands?

QwertymanO07

What're you having trouble with?

Coralbits

I'm using Method 2 and some flags for the scripting, but I'm not sure how to use this command correctly in terms of writing it, like the x, y, and colour values