The Quick Question Thread

Started by Quote, September 15, 2016, 01:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uugr

> Has Terry abandoned VVVVVV?

What do you mean "abandoned"? The game is complete.

Xandog01

Quote from: uugr on July 10, 2018, 10:18:59 PM
> Has Terry abandoned VVVVVV?

What do you mean "abandoned"? The game is complete.
:'( Towers
:'( The Tower Tileset (with background)
:'( Easily placed over 2x2 enemies (stop sign, yes men...)
:'( (maybe a tile colour for warp zone tileset that changes colours, like the final level)
Complete?

Dav999

Terry has already said he doesn't want to introduce new features that break levels in older versions of VVVVVV and make people have to update if they still want to play levels. All things you listed would cause that.

However, he hasn't completely abandoned VVVVVV, there have still been updates for stability on newer systems and such, and some features were added.

Quote from: Xandog01 on July 10, 2018, 09:52:31 PM
I just realized I'm a doctor on my 3rd day here... that just proved i type too much  :P
Part of the reason for that is that you just made four posts in a row again

Info Teddy

Quote from: Xandog01 on July 10, 2018, 09:46:34 PMalso, I've heard that there are 406 rooms on the main map, and people say some rooms are overlapping. I wonder  what they mean by "overlapping"
who said that? that depends on the definition of "room" since the obvious exception to "a 40 tile by 30 tile area" is the tower in the main game. but the main map always has 400 rooms, technically, even if you have a smaller map size than 20x20. i'd say that the tower counts as one room, and since it takes up an entire y-coordinate, taking out 20 rooms (but leaving itself, so adding 1), we would actually get a number that is 381 rooms in dimension vvvvvv. there are no other rooms that take up more than a 40 tile by a 30 tile area though.