No Death Demo

Started by Fussmatte, February 18, 2013, 08:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fussmatte

Me, Dav and FIQ were talking in the drawing room about 'no death' in custom levels, and they gave me an idea to make this. It's small (5x3), and it uses an internal script to fade the music, fade out, and go to the main menu after your inevitable death. And cookie to anyone who finishes it, hehe.  :vermillion:

SomniRespiratory Flux

That took me about five minutes. Got frustrating going back into the level every time I died, but overall not too difficult. I made it to You Lived A Good Life on my first attempt, and got from Not Bad to the end the first time I got that far.  :vitellary: is safe and sound. :viridian:

allison

Quote from: SomniRespiratory Flux on February 19, 2013, 12:12:43 AM
That took me about five minutes. Got frustrating going back into the level every time I died, but overall not too difficult. I made it to You Lived A Good Life on my first attempt, and got from Not Bad to the end the first time I got that far.  :vitellary: is safe and sound. :viridian:

Have a (few hundred) cookies

I just use editor try every sequence of rooms once after a few trials because I'm not a fan of having to die before you can proceed (unpredictable designs).
I like the power of scripting, but this is somewhat....unnecessary to just add a step before restarting.