Dimension Switchback (Beta)

Started by ToasterApocalypse, August 08, 2012, 01:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should my next level be?

A long one with trinkets.
1 (16.7%)
A long one without trinkets.
0 (0%)
No. Don't make another. Finish this one first.
0 (0%)
mine turtle
3 (50%)
A story level.
1 (16.7%)
A short level with trinkets.
0 (0%)
A portal-styled level (Several small challenges and a few optional trinkets)
1 (16.7%)
Another hard one.
0 (0%)
A very hard one.
0 (0%)
A level containing some positive forces.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on September 15, 2012, 09:21:16 PM
Everything will work unless you've got a colored text box of more than 4 lines or a regular text box with more than 5 lines... Because then we have a little problem getting it to work in 2.0.

>Has a textbox with 4 lines in it

ohno

what do

Dav999

Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on September 15, 2012, 09:39:46 PM
Everything will work unless you've got a colored text box of more than 4 lines or a regular text box with more than 5 lines... Because then we have a little problem getting it to work in 2.0.

ohno

what do

Panic of course! Run around your house and scream! :D

No, 4 lines is possible, I said more than 4 lines, if it's not a :viridian: or colored text box.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on September 15, 2012, 10:01:10 PM
Quote from: ToasterApocolypse on September 15, 2012, 09:39:46 PM

ohno

what do

Panic of course! Run around your house and scream! :D

No, 4 lines is possible, I said more than 4 lines, if it's not a :viridian: or colored text box.

Erm, it's a  :vermillion: textbox
What do?

ALSO: Why is this not finished? I'm a lazy piece of shit  :P

Bearboy

avengah

It crashed for me after finding Verdigris, at that same terminal. I've just downloaded it and I'm using 2.1, so what's happening?

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on October 12, 2012, 07:07:29 PM
It crashed for me after finding Verdigris, at that same terminal. I've just downloaded it and I'm using 2.1, so what's happening?

I don't know, it works fine for me. I'll check the scripts and release the fix once I'm done with that last script

Which is probably gonna happen in a few years so don't get your hopes up.

avengah

It could be a segfault due to having say(49) type commands. Maybe you should split it into two smaller chunks? And maybe it only segfaults on certain computers, so that might be why it works for you? I'd say split it into two and I'll let you know if it works better.

EDIT: Sorry, I was getting mixed up with Computer Crisis. I haven't checked the scripts in this one... I'll have a look now.

EDIT 2: And I can't see a problem. I'll tell you exactly what happens: we flash colours, the teleport noise is heard, then the game exits almost immediately. I'm afraid I can't pinpoint exactly where the problem is, but I don't remember any different music starting, so maybe it's around or before the play(15) command.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on October 13, 2012, 08:57:40 PM
It could be a segfault due to having say(49) type commands. Maybe you should split it into two smaller chunks? And maybe it only segfaults on certain computers, so that might be why it works for you? I'd say split it into two and I'll let you know if it works better.

EDIT: Sorry, I was getting mixed up with Computer Crisis. I haven't checked the scripts in this one... I'll have a look now.

This one is (mostly) compatible with 2.0, with the exception of textboxes with more than 2 lines. CC went from a fragment to a test.

And the test run sucked.

avengah

I was editing that as you replied, just so you know.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on October 13, 2012, 09:11:10 PM
I was editing that as you replied, just so you know.

Oh right.

If it is the play(15) thing then that was what I thought was the command to stop music.
But that's something like musicfadeout() and it probably happens in the other levels. It doesn't crash for me because 15 isn't a segfault, but 16+ is.

FIQ's theory is play(15) is actually predestined fate remixed. Possible.

EDIT: 69 posts on this thread. 69 LOL 69

avengah

Well, Computer Crisis also crashes when I take away the computer's last bit of health, so it may be the exact same fault there. If it works fine on your computer, compare the two scripts maybe?

Anyway, Switchback makes one flash noise and then quits less than a second later, at that terminal.

EDIT: It IS the play(15) command. I just changed it to 14 and it works fine (although it does start playing Piercing the Sky).

And Computer Crisis has a play(16) command in it! In boss2defeat script.

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on October 13, 2012, 09:16:14 PM
Well, Computer Crisis also crashes when I take away the computer's last bit of health, so it may be the exact same fault there. If it works fine on your computer, compare the two scripts maybe?

Anyway, Switchback makes one flash noise and then quits less than a second later, at that terminal.

EDIT: It IS the play(15) command. I just changed it to 14 and it works fine (although it does start playing Piercing the Sky).

And Computer Crisis has a play(16) command in it! In boss2defeat script.

Yeah. Again with thinking segfaults stop the music. CC I won't fix, because it's dead.
I will fix this though.

avengah

Well I'd like to fix CC myself then. What should I do? I removed play(16) and subtracted one from the say command, but got a runtime error box. Is there something else wrong with the script for defeating the second boss?

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: avengah on October 14, 2012, 12:28:02 AM
Well I'd like to fix CC myself then. What should I do? I removed play(16) and subtracted one from the say command, but got a runtime error box. Is there something else wrong with the script for defeating the second boss?

Probably the masses of say() lines.
The ending isn't too impressive anyway (gotoroomgotoroomgotoroomgotoroom)

avengah

As I said in the other topic, I fixed it by changing play(16) to musicfadeout without brackets, and say(46) to say(45). You miscounted!

I also temporarily fixed this by changing play(15) to musicfadeout.