Dimension of Secrets (updated)

Started by Dav999, July 10, 2012, 07:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dav999

This is the first level I release on this forum. It is called 'Dimension of Secrets'.

I hope it is compatible with both 2.0 and 2.1, I know it is compatible with 2.0 because I'm using a mac and therefore I haven't been able to test it with version 2.1 yet. The level makes use of internal scripting to be able to use the alarm, the shaking effect, sound effects, coloured text boxes in 2.0, to make Viridian teleporter-coloured and to make him walk in cutscenes. It will take around 10 to 15 minutes to play (5 minutes if you speed run, skip all dialogues and have experience with the challenges in the level)

There is still a glitch in the level, in the room 'We do everything to keep you out', you can get stuck in one of the three blocks with the gravity lines, this has happened a lot of times and I don't know how to fix it without changing the whole room. Therefore I put a special script box in these blocks, so if you get stuck, you get teleported to the previous room. Perhaps I will update the level to fix this.

Music used:
-Predestined Fate
-Positive Force
-ecroF evitisoP (you can play the biggest part of the level with ecroF evitisoP, by not activating the terminal that 'resets all music glitches', 2 rooms after ecroF evitisoP is played :P)
-Pressure Cooker (if you do activate the terminal)

I hope you like the level!

EDIT: There are two versions now: there is the normal version, with checkpoints, and now I also made a no death mode, without any checkpoints :vermillion:
But I haven't even got less than 20 deaths myself in the normal version, so... :-[ Whoever manages to make it without dying once, is master of the universe...

Screenshots:

EDIT: The level has been updated. Some minor bugs have been fixed.

Changelog:

The first version
Normal version downloaded 16 times, no death version downloaded 2 times

-In 1.0, the 'I'm trapped' cutscene would be broken if Viridian was flipped before entering the room (now he won't go to the ceiling of the left room anymore)
-The alarm will now turn off if you die and go back to the beginning [NO DEATH ONLY]
-Fixed a scripting bug (in the terminal that tells you about the burglar alarm) [NO DEATH ONLY]

Pyrite

Works great  :vitellary:
How did you get it to say NO SIGNAL?  :vitellary:

Dav999

I used map(off). Because I'm using 2.0, I couldn't test it, now I know everything works well.  :viridian:

Pyrite

Just finished the level, it's surprisingly one of the best here!  :viridian: I only got one trinket, Doing Things the Easy Way.

Bearboy

Holy Balls, that was awesome! I got all trinkets, and beat it. Hardest room had to be the one where i had to use all the checkpoints. :)

keep up the good work!

And I just found the secret "Does face where spongebob says ""You like krabby patties don't you squidward?""

Terry

FIQ

Neat!

EDIT: Hah, nice secret. :P

Dav999

Quote from: FIQ on July 13, 2012, 03:22:20 PM
Neat!

EDIT: Hah, nice secret. :P

You are the first who discovered it! Please don't tell anybody, or it will not be a secret anymore... ;)

Vallu

Very good level! I beat it with all trinkets. Nice internal scripting! Nice use of the coin voice! Nice level! .....But what is that secret?  :victoria: I've looked all over the level and hasn't found anything weird.

Edit: Aaaaa, now I found it  :viridian:. Nice record!  :vitellary:

Edit: Two secrets! :viridian:

Dav999

Quote from: Vallu on July 15, 2012, 08:19:39 AM
Edit: Two secrets! :viridian:

Wait, two? ??? Or do you mean the gravity line glitch?

Vallu

I mean that secret in the first room that appears when I open the level in level editor.

Dav999

Quote from: Vallu on July 15, 2012, 10:11:43 AM
I mean that secret in the first room that appears when I open the level in level editor.

Oh, that 'secret'! It's not really a secret, it's more something that is 'behind the scenes' than something that is accessible during normal gameplay and doing something special.

Dav999

The level has been updated. See the first post for more information.