Good levels?

Started by RobinTendo, February 24, 2019, 06:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinTendo

I'm Always searching for new good levels, can someone help me on my quest to play the good ones?

Lollipop

the 22nd Letter of the Modern Alphabet followed by the 24th Letter of the Modern Alphabet followed by the 22nd Letter of the Modern Alphabet followed by the 24th Letter of the Modern Alphabet followed the 22nd Letter of the Modern Alphabet followed by the 24th Letter of the Modern Alphabet

also the levels that were made for contests on discord tend to have a high average quality so check some of those out if you havent

uugr

Quote from: pixelatorall the levels that come with the game (as of 2.2)
back to vvvvvv by fiq
Dimension Open by various people
the Bracketed trilogy
VXVXVX chapter V
the Epic Trilogy™  by alek (overdose, unshackled, detox)
outside by uugr
both of coral's 2018 contest levels (lemons, oui check)
summer spook by alek
abort! by ally
my own 2018 contest round 1 and 2 levels (nano, yellow snow)
uugr's 2018 contest round 2 and 3 levels (vitellary quest, c objects)
shiny's 2018 contest round 1 and 2 levels (floor 51, victoria's gift)
discordance by me
core retrieval by uugr (especially if you die and respawn at the beginning over and over)
test of strength by alek and tempel van hond by info teddy
dimension anomaly by chara dreemurr
dimension www by uugr
dimension rrrrrr by me (took a long time but yes)
spikeman and spikeman return

From the discord, this is a solid list - although these levels are sometimes more "noteworthy" than "good" (conventional wisdom is VXVXVX, Anomaly, Overdose, Back to VVVVVV, and Spikeman/Spikeman Returns aren't good levels, but are still noteworthy for Historical Reasons. the rest are good)

pixelator

Quote from: uugr on March 01, 2019, 03:38:41 AM
the rest are good
so the spikeman levels, abort!, discordance, and r*6 are good?

Ally 🌠

whatever youre implying it hurts because i tried to make abort good

allison

uugr

@pixelator Abort+RRRRRR are good, i like Discordance even if other people don't (for obvious reasons), i forgot about Spikeman but i enjoy playing it so YMMV.

@alek wouldn't say Back to VVVVVV is so bad its good (just bad), and i don't think Anomaly really is either without context. overdose i still think is just plain good but ik i'm in the minority so i listed it there anyway.

pixelator

Quote from: -Kiwi Alexia ♡ on March 02, 2019, 04:38:09 AM
i tried to make abort good
and i tried to make rrrrrr good

but it lost the game