Unable to load and play saved levels

Started by VR456, August 01, 2016, 01:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VR456

And its really pisses me off >:(. I'm currently on 2.2 ver. of VVVVVV. There are files of them in 'levels' folder, but I'm unable to load saved levels and they don't show up in "Play level" section. What should I do to fix this?

Dav999

When you save a level, does it appear in your levels folder?

lol...ipops2

Quote from: VR456 on August 01, 2016, 01:38:26 PM
And its really pisses me off >:(. I'm currently on 2.2 ver. of VVVVVV. There are files of them in 'levels' folder, but I'm unable to load saved levels and they don't show up in "Play level" section. What should I do to fix this?
Be aware that they are filed alphabetically.

VR456

Quote from: Dav999 on August 01, 2016, 02:11:22 PM
When you save a level, does it appear in your levels folder?
Yes, I've already mentioned that in topic...

Dav999

Quote from: VR456 on August 01, 2016, 03:49:46 PM
Yes, I've already mentioned that in topic...
As far as I could see you mentioned there are files in the folder, not specifically files you saved and then saw appear...

What is the full path to your levels folder?

VR456

C:\Users\админ\Documents\VVVVVV\levels ("админ" is russian for "admin")
I forgot to mention, that I'm currently not in home town and playing game on old laptop. But the same problem was even on new PC, where full path to levels folder is C:\Users\Admin\Documents\VVVVVV\levels. So I'm not sure if the prolem is in using cyrillic letters in username.

I've checked if level files appear in folder while I'm saving map. Yes, new file appears, when I'm saving it first time.

Dav999

Ah, yes, the username is most likely causing it. Back in December 2014/January 2015, someone reported this for a documents folder named in Russian: http://distractionware.com/forum/index.php?topic=1840.0

However, for the PC with the "Admin" username, I'm not sure what could be causing this problem as the full path doesn't contain any Cyrillic letters, unless the Documents folder isn't actually named "Documents". What does VVVVVV list as its levels folder there?

VR456

Quote from: Dav999 on August 01, 2016, 07:32:41 PM
Unless the Documents folder isn't actually named "Documents".
Yeah, its shortcut is called "Документы" on both computers, but in-game folder is shown as "C:\Users\?????\Documents\VVVVVV\levels\" (laptop).
I'm arriving home in the next few days and will try renaming docs shortcut on PC, hope this will work. Thank you for helping me out!