VVVVVVVV! Talk

Started by nPOW11, June 11, 2017, 12:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally 🌠

ohmyfuckinggod
Sorry for the derail, but I really need to say people under the age of 13 shouldn't really be here, as their lack of knowledge, and the way most of them act trigger lots of people here.

8 year olds shouldn't really be on the Internet at that age, anyway, unless it's for educational purposes.

Kapuccino

Quote from: -Kiwi Alexia ♡ on June 11, 2017, 10:27:14 PM
ohmyfuckinggod
Sorry for the derail, but I really need to say people under the age of 13 shouldn't really be here, as their lack of knowledge, and the way most of them act trigger lots of people here.

8 year olds shouldn't really be on the Internet at that age, anyway, unless it's for educational purposes.
kinda agree with this

back on topic, for a first level this is actually quite good, even though some screens were fairly difficult, it probably doesn't help that I'm awful at VVVVVV in general
one thing of advice I can give is that it's no fun to walk into a new screen and die because you held a direction for too long without knowing there are spikes/enemies, and having to redo the previous screen over again

moth 🦋

the level was pretty good for a first level, honestly
good job you did well

nPOW11

ohmyfuckinggod

Thank you for that word of advice - you sound like a master parent - especially with your use of foul language....

nPOW11

Quote from: KapuDaKoopa on June 11, 2017, 10:37:23 PM
ohmyfuckinggod

kinda agree with this

back on topic, for a first level this is actually quite good, even though some screens were fairly difficult, it probably doesn't help that I'm awful at VVVVVV in general
one thing of advice I can give is that it's no fun to walk into a new screen and die because you held a direction for too long without knowing there are spikes/enemies, and having to redo the previous screen over again

Thank you for checking out the level, and offering your critique.  (nPOW11's dad again)  He really enjoys the game and has been working hard to create interesting levels.  I let him join this forum yesterday to let him try it out.  It seems he might not quite be ready to be a regular poster on this forum.  I'll give him a couple years to mature a little more before he can participate here again, unless it is with me at his side.  Thank you for your patience with him - sorry that he posted a little excessively.  I wish others showed a little more patience.

Ally 🌠

Quote from: nPOW11 on June 12, 2017, 12:25:13 AM
ohmyfuckinggod

Thank you for that word of advice - you sound like a master parent - especially with your use of foul language....
Wow, even when I was trying to be nice, people respond this way.
I totally don't feel bad right now.

It's a nice level, could be easier in some parts but I was surprised by the quality.
It's not the best, but it's good for someone new.

lol...ipops2

Quote from: nPOW11 on June 11, 2017, 10:02:53 PM
Quote from: nPOW11 on June 11, 2017, 10:01:28 PM
A big challenge!

Thank you for your patience - this is nPOW11's dad.  He wasn't sure how to convert to zip.  Got it figured now.
Sir, have you considered reading the rules too? Maybe teach them to him? Or just let the shitstorm rain upon us?

Trinket9

excuse me but wtf is the content of the file nPOW11 posted
it's an XML file called 1234567890_1_

Joshua

What the h*** happened here? That was only one user.
Quote from: Trinket9 on June 13, 2017, 07:49:11 PM
It's just a normal .vvvvvv File but with the ending .xml instead.
The Content of the file is exactly the same, just change its ending, worked for me.
Otherwise, no Idea why someone would upload a level in that form.

Speaking of the level, I played the start of it, but found that it was really annoying how the edges of rooms don't really fit to each other, and then there was this room which got horribly out of sync.

Trinket9

Quote from: Trdjn on June 13, 2017, 09:11:01 PM
Quote from: Trinket9 on June 13, 2017, 07:49:11 PM
It's just a normal .vvvvvv File but with the ending .xml instead.
The Content of the file is exactly the same, just change its ending, worked for me.
Otherwise, no Idea why someone would upload a level in that form.
Oh okay, it worked. Thanks.