Feature Suggestions Topic

Started by Whirligig, September 29, 2012, 06:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whirligig

I'm creating this topic so people can post feature suggestions for Terry to see.

For starters, here's one that I'm sure not everyone has thought of. Seed the random generator every time you start a game based on the current time (up to the minute but not seconds). If you start multiple games in one minute, have an offset or similar. This is so two people can start simultaneous games and receive the same patterns without communication between devices. The disadvantage would be that people could hack their iPhones' date settings to get an unfair advantage in the leaderboards, but I wouldn't be too concerned about this.

Dav999

So this is not about new game modes? I'd lke to see a settings screen, where you can set graphic and sound options and things like that.

EDIT: My 593th post! (It matches my random personal text now)

Scorpion008

I'd love a sync/refresh button, also a quick way to access hyper-hyper-hexagonest. Lastly, a way to see the ending without restarting.

Dav999

Scorpion008

Dav999

I'd love to see an option to turn off the 'welcome back' notification from game center! It causes lag when it appears! Though it appears it will not be possible to change game center like that... :victoria:

Dav999

... and an option to turn off 'battery low' messages! >:(

theory28

iCloud sync of scores please.

having to manually try to match your scores between an iPad / iPhone is not fun

Poochy.EXE

I'd really like a way to watch the endings again after having gotten them once. I was a bit disappointed when I found out that there doesn't seem to be any way to see the endings again without completely resetting the save file.

^ For the time being, there's a backdoor way to sync them manually if both your devices are jailbroken. Your scores are saved at:
/private/var/mobile/Applications/4195E905-BFE5-41B9-8A4F-85DD5803B8FC/Library/Application Support/com.distractionware.superhexagon/Local Store/#SharedObjects/SuperHexagon.swf/dwhexagon.sol
If you have SSH set up, you can SCP this file between your iPad and iPhone to manually sync your scores, although this will overwrite ALL the scores on the destination device with the scores on the source device.

allison

Quote from: Dav999 on September 29, 2012, 07:03:50 PM
I'd like to see a settings screen, where you can set graphic and sound options and things like that.

In the aforementioned options screen, a way to modify control sensitivity. After playing Hexagon, the arrow just seems to move TOO FAST

Dav999

Quote from: crazyal02 on November 15, 2012, 01:50:27 PM
Quote from: Dav999 on September 29, 2012, 07:03:50 PM
I'd like to see a settings screen, where you can set graphic and sound options and things like that.

In the aforementioned options screen, a way to modify control sensitivity. After playing Hexagon, the arrow just seems to move TOO FAST

That would make some stages easier/harder, and everyone should achieve their scores the same way, not with a slower/faster moving arrow.

kando

Quote from: Poochy.EXE on November 06, 2012, 07:50:01 AM
I'd really like a way to watch the endings again after having gotten them once. I was a bit disappointed when I found out that there doesn't seem to be any way to see the endings again without completely resetting the save file.

There is! It is a simple hex edit to the same file that keeps the scores.
I have an automated script and springboard icon that does this automatically...the only thing is you have to beat Hexagonest again to unlock Hyper Hexagonest (easy stuff) and then just beat hyper hexagonest again to get the ending! You dont lose any scores either.

Will be releasing it this week!

RobotronEU

Quote from: theory28 on October 05, 2012, 09:58:55 AM
iCloud sync of scores please.

having to manually try to match your scores between an iPad / iPhone is not fun

Yes, yes, yes! I think achievements are synced between my pad and phone, but I would really like my highest score to automatically transfer to my other device.

Edit: I would at least like my unlocked stages to be available on both devices (ipad/iphone).