Dimension 88888888

Started by Lenare, October 09, 2014, 11:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lenare

So guys! This is my level! Dimension 88888888!
This is a 15x15 level with all the rooms filled!
It uses internal scripting, just so you know, and quite a bit. (But not as much as some other levels I have seen)
Viridian is flying along in his ship as usual, but something happens and he and his crew are forced to leave the ship! There is a problem with the teleporter and they are all teleported to different places! What challenges lie ahead for Viridian in dimension 88888888?
FEATURES:

• Round teleporters!
  • An open world with 5 sub-levels that can be done in any order.
  • Part where you play as  :verdigris:
  • A no-flip section.
  • Uses all music in the game
  • A villain!
  • Other new characters as well.
SCREENSHOTS:

UPDATES(5):
1. I have updated the level and fixed the internal scripting bugs that I could find,
if there are some I missed, please notify me of them.
2. Now I have  fixed the floating checkpoints to look better and the single tiled walls.
3. Added a checkpoint at the beginning of the level so you don't have to re-watch the beginning cut-scene over and over when you die. And I fixed a few
weird things in the first sub-level. And I fixed the single tiles with the lab tile set.
4. Fixed misalignment issues. Modified over world slightly. Changed secret lab a bit.
5. Fixed another scripting error, changed a trinket placement.
-Thanks for playing my level and notify me if there are any bugs! :)

moth 🦋

Welcome to the forum!

Rating:

OK, but need improvement.
Reasons:

1A. Please don't use single-tiled walls. Ever. If you don't know what a single-tiled wall is, download the file below.
1B. Single tiled walls CAN be used (with direct mode,) but it should look nice.
2. Floating checkpoints? Really? Please put wall underneath.
3. Verdigris CAN flip. The room "Green Dudes Can't Flip" is a reference to "White Men Can't Jump", as seen here: PROOF! Also, How would he get to his room in the ship if he was unable to flip?  :-X
4. There were some internal scripting errors. (Ask me for tips if you want)

Everything else is great.

allison

Quote from: ShinyWolf07 on October 10, 2014, 12:23:07 AM
3. Verdigris CAN flip. The room "Green Dudes Can't Flip" is a reference to "White Men Can't Jump", as seen here: PROOF! Also, How would he get to his room in the ship if he was unable to flip?  :-X
This ended up entering fanon anyway, apparently he jumps or something.

moth 🦋

Quote from: crazyal02 on October 10, 2014, 01:07:41 PM
"Fanon"?

TmanDaCool1

How to post screenshots.

1: Use Snipping Tool to take an image of your screen.

2: Save it ANYWHERE.

3: Upload it to an image hosting site (such as photobucket)

4: Put the image link around IMG tags. (Click the picture icon with the link highlighted)

5: The image should now work!

TmanDaCool1

There's a LOT of internal scripting glitches.  :'(  But, I am sure Shiny can help with that.  :viridian:

Lenare

Welcome to the forum!

Rating:

Reasons:

1A. Please don't use single-tiled walls. Ever. If you don't know what a single-tiled wall is, download the file below.

Well if I were to get rid of the floating checkpoints and no-flipping  :verdigris: that would kinda ruin the whole point of
2 of the sub-levels.  :( I can work on the internal scripting and single tiled walls, however.

moth 🦋

Quote from: Lenare on October 10, 2014, 05:37:41 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Rating:

Reasons:

Well if I were to get rid of the floating checkpoints and no-flipping  :verdigris: that would kinda ruin the whole point of
2 of the sub-levels.  :( I can work on the internal scripting and single tiled walls, however.
Honestly, the floating checkpoints are okay. (if you put a backgronud tile ((2)) under it)
And for the Verdigris thing, you can him say "I can't flip!" Viridian: Huh? "Why not?" Verdigris: "I'm on these fly-trap-thingies!"

Lenare

Quote from: ShinyWolf07 on October 10, 2014, 11:06:16 PM
Quote from: Lenare on October 10, 2014, 05:37:41 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Rating:

Reasons:

Honestly, the floating checkpoints are okay. (if you put a backgronud tile ((2)) under it)
And for the Verdigris thing, you can him say "I can't flip!" Viridian: Huh? "Why not?" Verdigris: "I'm on these fly-trap-thingies!"
That's true, and I don't have to change anything! Alright, that's exactly what I did. Although I didn't change the single tiled walls on the over-world because it was supposed to look weird and destroyed, or the paradise place, because the arrows were supposed to be put over the floor. I think that does it as far as modifications, is there anything else I should do or any other bugs I missed? Oh and one other thing... thanks a lot for the help,  :) this is my first level and I'm not the best at scripting and such. :P

moth 🦋

Quote from: Lenare on October 11, 2014, 01:14:22 AM
That's true, and I don't have to change anything! Alright, that's exactly what I did. Although I didn't change the single tiled walls on the over-world because it was supposed to look weird and destroyed, or the paradise place, because the arrows were supposed to be put over the floor. I think that does it as far as modifications, is there anything else I should do or any other bugs I missed? Oh and one other thing... thanks a lot for the help,  :) this is my first level and I'm not the best at scripting and such. :P
Yeah... :P Actually, My first level had internal scripting too! 

allison

Quote from: ShinyWolf07 on October 10, 2014, 01:42:55 PM
Quote from: crazyal02 on October 10, 2014, 01:07:41 PM
"Fanon"?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Fanon

SJMistery

i have noticed many misalignements between the rooms, you should revise them.

the level is cool, tough  "many challenges"  room in the warp zone are impossibily hard. maybe a checkpoint on the last gap before having to run chased by the enemy would be good. "round and round" is even possible? the above edge could be a bit lower...

Lenare

Quote from: SJMistery on October 12, 2014, 04:55:08 PM
i have noticed many misalignements between the rooms, you should revise them.

the level is cool, tough  "many challenges"  room in the warp zone are impossibily hard. maybe a checkpoint on the last gap before having to run chased by the enemy would be good. "round and round" is even possible? the above edge could be a bit lower...
I fixed the misalignments.
Thanks for the feedback! :)
As for "round and round" you have to flip up the go back to the right, get a running start then flip. But don't go to far! Do it again and that should do it.
Although it isn't easy it is possible. I have tested the whole level. And you seem to have been able to beat "many challenges" since it is before "round and round."
It wasn't meant to be easy.

SJMistery

just finished it, amazing level! tough i will hate the "not allowed to live" section forever