Introduce yourself

Started by Davoo, January 06, 2010, 11:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davoo

Introduce yourself here.

Hi, I'm Davoo. I stumbled upon the pixelated masterpiece that was Don't Look Back when it first came out, and have had my eyes fixed on Terry's blog ever since. I'm really looking forward to VVVVVV as much as anybody, (although I might not be able to buy it immediately, because I'm being spending so much money on my DS, my Wii, and now my PS3 as it is) and hope it's successful to let DistractionWare continue and more.

radix

Hi, I'm Chris, and I love Terry's games. I wish I could make video games. :-(

LivewareProblem

I'm Neil and I like games. Recently wrote my final year dissertation on the viability of video games as a medium for art, which is how I came across Terry's blog. Now I've ordered VVVVVV!

Daikenkai

Quote from: radix on January 06, 2010, 11:18:50 PM

Heh, my name is Chris too :3

Terry's games are amazing, and I want to persue a (maybe not career, but a) hobby in making video games.
I can program, animate, and draw pretty well.  I just need to stop being lazy >_>

joniho

Hi! I'm Joshua, and I too am an addict. :P

Anyway, I'm a Japanese major in my last semester of college, and after some experience in teaching I'll be going over to Japan to teach English!

Nice to meet you!
よろしくね!

docmarionum1

Ahoy!  I'm a freshman computer science major.  I've done a little bit of work making games but nothing to major.  Mostly because I have terrible focus and am always flipflopping between projects.  I found Terry's games a few months ago and I must say that they are the worst things I've ever seen.  I'm also a big fan of sarcasm.

Wobbles

Hi folks.  I'm glad to see that other people are as excited for the release of VVVVVV as I am.  Here's hoping it's a huge success for Terry and gives him the opportunity to make many more amazing games like it.

GerardD

Hi all

I decided to sign up because I am really excited about the upcoming release. I am a gamer, blogger (about games) and am also starting a course of games programming this year. I've lurked around this site for awhile and saw this as a great way to get involve in a way I hope others will when I get into making games sometime in the future

StephenM3

Hi all!  My name's Stephen, I'm a 20-year old Physics Major in Portland, Oregon.  I went to sign up here as soon as I saw this; a forum is a great idea!  I program occasionally as a hobby.

miquelangel

Hello everybody!

I'm a 27 years old English teacher from Spain who loves indie games. I stumbled upon Pathways through the indie games blog and became a fan of Terry instantly! I even used Pathways in my English class once with great success. The students loved it as well!

I was striken by the masterfully created Don't look back, since I love Greek mythology and I found Judith very interesting.

Finally, I think that VVVVVV is a masterpiece and I donated as soon as I found out that there was a beta around. The game farly surpassed my expectations.  I even got the 20 trinkets in the beta!! hahaha

I encourage Terry very much to go on with his passion :)

SoulEye

Magnus aka SoulEye here. I work in IT tech, and like to make music on my spare time among other things. Nice to be here!

PanPan

Hi there! I'm Kilian. 23. From The Netherlands. Art student and gigantic nerd. I love sci-fi, video games and comic books, and I'm aspiring to hopefully get into drawing comics professionally some day.

I came across Self Destruct about a year and a half ago and loved it. I've been following Terry's blog ever since and playing his games.

Don't Look Back was excellent and I must have forced about half my friends to play through it. I've been steadily following his progress on VVVVVV and I'm very excited about it.

increpare

Quote from: radix on January 06, 2010, 11:18:50 PM
Anyone can make video games : D  Just give it a try, really!

Also hey I'm increpare, I make games (I've even made some with Terry).  

Trivia:  Do you know that Terry made a game last summer that he's refused to release to the public, even though it's totally finished?

William

I'm William from Swing Swing Submarine, and I approve this forum !
Quote from: increpareAnyone can make video games : D  Just give it a try, really!
Yes, increpare is right. The only thing you have to do is trying, because by making video games you learn how to make video games.

StephenM3

Quote from: increpare on January 10, 2010, 06:06:07 PMTrivia:  Do you know that Terry made a game last summer that he's refused to release to the public, even though it's totally finished?
!!!!!!