internal script help

Started by Yolotroll101, March 11, 2018, 10:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yolotroll101

I've just started using advanced internal scripting, such as gamestate() and, but I am having trouble with createcrewman and createentity. I dont understand how to use createentity, (mainly, the info provided confuses me) and whenever I put a number for the color, I get a grey crewman. (it says to use colors, so wutt?) If someone could provide a video of these, or a VERY detailed description on how to use these (preferably a video) please send me a link! :viridian:

Bruce Michez

Sadly, unusual colours are only possible with createentity().  This is a shame as these crewmates can't move, unlike those spawned with createcrewman.

I can tell you that the internal script used to spawn (spoiler) Commander Indigo in [X] is:
createentity(147,89,18,31,0)

The first two numbers (147 and 89) are the crewmate's position on the screen.  In this case it's towards the middle.
18 is the important one - it tells the game what kind of entity to spawn; in this case, a non-rescuable crewmate.
31 is the colour, described elsewhere as "Dark, slightly purplish gray?".  A complete list can be found here.
Finally, 0 is the mood.  0 is happy; 1 is sad.

Yolotroll101

But what about createcrewman? 0_o

Viridan

createcrewman only covers :viridian: :victoria: :vermillion: :vitellary: :verdigris: :violet: and a grey crewman who never appears.

Ally 🌠

Yolotroll101

okay, one last question, some commands say that they can affect the player, or crewmates created with createcrewman(). (ex. changemood()) Will these commands also affect crewmen created with createentity()

Ally 🌠

Yolotroll101

So is that why Vanilla never moves in Dimension Open, because you cant make her move? 0.0

*also, I've been wondering: Is there a way to replicate the function in the base game where you press ENTER to talk to crewmates? (kinda like terminals)

Ally 🌠

Quote from: Yolotroll101 on March 16, 2018, 09:32:02 PM
*also, I've been wondering: Is there a way to replicate the function in the base game where you press ENTER to talk to crewmates? (kinda like terminals)
short answer: no

long answer: no but l o n g e r
its possible if you're fiq and find a way to run your own scripts with createactivityzone()s
or if youre me and shiny and edit the binary itself

Yolotroll101

Quote from: -Kiwi Alexia ♡ on March 18, 2018, 01:46:05 AM

its possible if you're fiq and find a way to run your own scripts with createactivityzone()s

fisrt of all, can you go into detail. Second of all, what does fiq mean? and 3, what do you mean by editing binary??

Ally 🌠

Quote from: Yolotroll101 on March 20, 2018, 06:46:43 PM
Quote from: -Kiwi Alexia ♡ on March 18, 2018, 01:46:05 AM

fisrt of all, can you go into detail. Second of all, what does fiq mean? and 3, what do you mean by editing binary??
1. fuck, ok, at the end of this post
2. fiq is a person
3. editing the .exe file

fiq is great and he finds ways to do things that normally arent possible
he made this dumb system with createactivityzone() which let people use custom scripts but
nobody figured out how to use it

uh
i edited the exe file with a hex editor to change some strings in the main game
to make createactivityzone run a custom script

echolite

Ally 🌠

that has nothing to do with the topic?

Info Teddy

Quote from: -Kiwi Alexia ♡ on March 21, 2018, 08:28:22 PMfiq is great and he finds ways to do things that normally arent possible
he made this dumb system with createactivityzone() which let people use custom scripts but
nobody figured out how to use it
i did, vitellary has an activity zone in open2v2 nowdo,32
createcrewman,-21
loop
everybodysad
createactivityzone,#
changemood,cyan,0
basically we're overflowing the activity zone id to be the activity zone of the last terminal in the room in the entity order (the last terminal to be placed in the room), and then spawning it. the number for do is 33 minus the amount of entities already in that room (the player counts as one).

Ally 🌠

well, actually i guess you did
the thing im looking for is the "press enter to explode" box lol