Dimension Resort (No Checkpoints)

Started by BCGAMING2017, August 13, 2017, 02:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BCGAMING2017

It looks like we have another level without checkpoints. It consists of a 5x13 map where it gets harder as you go up. It's possible to backtrack on almost every layer. There are a total of 13 layers, and in each layer, there is a trinket to unlock the next layer, except for the last one, because there is a warp token that takes you to the credits, and to rescue :vitellary:.

This level was made by BCGAMING2017 and John.

Ally 🌠

Seems cool, I'll play it when I get back (5 days)

uugr

~15 minutes, 51 deaths, 12/12 trinkets (duh).

Basically just Tower of Power but more of it. It was pretty decent, but I have to wonder what was added by not having checkpoints at all. Even if each section individually must be completed without dying, the level is made a lot less annoying by having checkpoints *between* sections, so you don't have to go up the whole tower each time.

There were no roomnames :(

I feel like this level could've used some dialogue - not every level needs it, but without any story or any particular visual design I have to wonder what makes it clear that this dimension is supposed to be a 'resort'.

Other than that, I feel like the difficulty was a little inconsistent. Having a ridiculously easy 'maze' section come after some of the really hard ones just feels weird (although I appreciate the breather). Also, having long sections involving twitch reflexes (conveyors, disappearing platforms) doesn't really work well with the 'no checkpoints' gimmick. Having to go up a long shaft every time your reflexes were slightly off goes past challenging and well into frustrating.

I did like the level overall, though.

BCGAMING2017

It only took me a week to make the level, and I didnt have enough time to put in room names, because I had to do my other work at that time.

BCGAMING2017

I'm making a new level soon, but it will take a while for me to finish it.