distractionware forums

VVVVVV => VVVVVV Help => Topic started by: TheRealGDColon on January 04, 2017, 02:55:00 am

Title: Crewmate making help
Post by: TheRealGDColon on January 04, 2017, 02:55:00 am
I need help making a script to make the following crewmate:

> Color is orange
> Does NOT follow player
> Sad
> FACING RIGHT
> Can not be rescued

Also, would there be a way to make it work with the simple Say command?
Using internal scripting for that is a pain in the :viridian:

Thanks :)
Title: Re: Crewmate making help
Post by: shiny on January 04, 2017, 03:37:37 am
Not possible
Title: Re: Crewmate making help
Post by: QwertymanO07 on January 04, 2017, 06:10:01 am
In fact, that would be impossible even with IS, since you would need a createentity() crewmate, which can only face left.
Title: Re: Crewmate making help
Post by: Ally 🌠 on January 04, 2017, 02:41:46 pm
> Color is orange
easy
> Does NOT follow player
easy
> Sad
easy i think
> FACING RIGHT
easy with custom tiles
> Can not be rescued
only way to do it actually
Title: Re: Crewmate making help
Post by: CreepiX on January 04, 2017, 03:20:10 pm
Doesn't createcrewman() support diffferent colors?
Title: Re: Crewmate making help
Post by: TheRealGDColon on January 04, 2017, 03:22:23 pm
Doesn't createcrewman() support diffferent colors?

Only grey, as far as I can tell.
Title: Re: Crewmate making help
Post by: WoodStuff on March 11, 2017, 10:26:39 am
i have the same problem, i just want to summon verdigris in 14,0 in room 1,1, facing left and sad, cannot be rescued and after summoned, viridian and verdigris talk together, cannot figure out how to do it
Title: i think
Post by: shiny on March 11, 2017, 04:28:08 pm
i have the same problem, i just want to summon verdigris in 14,0 in room 1,1, facing left and sad, cannot be rescued and after summoned, viridian and verdigris talk together, cannot figure out how to do it
no you don't you have a way easier problem, he's talking about createentity while you're talking about createcrewman
I'm a little too tired to help rn but help is on the way
Title: Re: Crewmate making help
Post by: AlexINF on March 12, 2017, 10:53:48 am
Doesn't createcrewman() support diffferent colors?

Only grey, as far as I can tell.
? No, it does support all colors. Though, I don't know if it supports orange, but I know it supports  :viridian: :victoria: :vermillion: :vitellary: :violet: :verdigris: , the grey one, and some other more
Title: Re: Crewmate making help
Post by: lol...ipops2 on March 12, 2017, 05:15:59 pm
Doesn't createcrewman() support diffferent colors?

Only grey, as far as I can tell.
? No, it does support all colors. Though, I don't know if it supports orange, but I know it supports  :viridian: :victoria: :vermillion: :vitellary: :violet: :verdigris: , the grey one, and some other more
Createcrewman only supports the crew I think, and glitching it can make grey.
Title: Re: Crewmate making help
Post by: weee50 on March 24, 2017, 01:16:48 am
You can create a sad orange nonrescuable crewmate using createentity(x,y,18,[2, 7 or 36],1). I'm not sure about making it face right.
Title: Re: Crewmate making help
Post by: lol...ipops2 on March 24, 2017, 02:56:47 pm
You can create a sad orange nonrescuable crewmate using createentity(x,y,18,[2, 7 or 36],1). I'm not sure about making it face right.
Custom tiles are an exist.
Title: Re: Crewmate making help
Post by: QwertymanO07 on March 24, 2017, 10:27:12 pm
You're right, custom tiles are just an exit.
Title: he said "exist"
Post by: shiny on March 24, 2017, 10:34:18 pm
You're right, custom tiles are just an exit.
i think you misread his post
Title: Re: Crewmate making help
Post by: weee50 on March 25, 2017, 12:00:03 am
What do you mean by "custom tiles"? Do you mean modifying sprites.png, because then the face direction of all crewmates will have to change.
Title: Re: Crewmate making help
Post by: lol...ipops2 on March 25, 2017, 12:15:10 am
What do you mean by "custom tiles"? Do you mean modifying sprites.png, because then the face direction of all crewmates will have to change.
Change some non-solid extra tiles into an orange facing right crewmate face, then put those tiles over the face of the crewmate. This can also be used to make custom expressions.
Title: Re: Crewmate making help
Post by: QwertymanO07 on March 25, 2017, 01:36:59 am
Except it's a damn exit, because you can't do any AI routines with it.
Title: Re: Crewmate making help
Post by: lol...ipops2 on March 25, 2017, 03:38:49 pm
Except it's a damn exit, because you can't do any AI routines with it.
Does he need to?
Title: Re: Crewmate making help
Post by: QwertymanO07 on March 25, 2017, 05:15:55 pm
Outside of some very specific circumstances, when would you ever not need faceplayer?
Title: Re: Crewmate making help
Post by: Info Teddy on May 08, 2018, 10:19:55 pm
Change some non-solid extra tiles into an orange facing right crewmate face, then put those tiles over the face of the crewmate. This can also be used to make custom expressions.
the problem with that is that then there is no ambient color change that usually happens with sprites
What do you mean by "custom tiles"? Do you mean modifying sprites.png, because then the face direction of all crewmates will have to change.
you are wrong

you can simply copy the crewmate moveset onto another continuous row of sprites and then use changetile to set createcrewmen and the player to the moveset with the correct directions