Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Valso22

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Everything else / Re: The Music Thread
« on: September 12, 2019, 12:43:18 am »

let the bodies hit the floor intro

VVVVVV / Re: VVOVOV - I made / am making a Fangame
« on: April 29, 2019, 08:41:34 pm »

sorry i had to do it  to 'em

VVVVVV Levels / Re: My Levels
« on: April 29, 2019, 08:27:47 pm »
Hey dude, that's nice to see. I found a couple issues, mostly during the gameplay portion :

(Picture 1, left > right / up > down) The room name hides the ground we walk on. It may not be of a huge inconvenience here, but it definitely can be problematic in others situations.
Unless it is part of the level design, I would suggest trying to avoid it, when realistically possible.

(Pic 2) There is a unfilled hole at the bottom-left corner.

(Pic 3) This script repeats. In 99% of such cases, this wastes the player's time when he retriggers it, while not making a lot of sense either (The other 1% are for intentional design choices).
While this issue can be "dodged" if you make sure the player never crosses them ever again (Like in a one way, linear level or section where the player is not expected to go backwards), this one is guaranteed to be triggered more than once, statistically.
I saw that you used flags, that's very nice to see. There is a way to fix this issue by using them. The technique is called a "load script" :

create a script called "story" containing story elements that you want the player to trigger and see.
Inside "story", write this :


It's important to know that there should be absolutely nothing inside the script named "stop". Inside the one named "loadascript", there should be the story, but make sure that the flag x is activated.

By using this technique, you can make cutscenes stop repeating themselves, such as this one.

(Pic 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9) The rooms labelled "Short run", "...again", and "Entrance With No Maze" (4, 5 and 6) have a lot of collision errors, and missing transitions.
Between 4 and 5, the player is instantly thrown at the action without much warning. He can also get inside the wall in 4, if he ever goes back for one second.
Between 5 and 6, it's the same deal. You are supposed to enter 6 from the bottom, but nothing indicates that it is the actual way to go. And a wall is blocking the transition off to 6, so the player has an even greater chance of getting stuck inside the tiles.
6 has a lot of collision errors.
In 7, 8 and 9, I give a repaired look and overview about what these 3 rooms could shape up to be.

In any cases, I hope these couple points will help you improve your buildings skills. I don't know if this is one of your first levels, but it is more than fine to play. Hoping to see more of you man :viridian:

lol you are the vvvvvv custom levels antivirus

Everything else / Re: ask me to do a 8bit cover of any song u want
« on: April 25, 2019, 09:36:10 pm »

short, but maybe like it.
oh my gosh thats amazing!! no idea how you did those chords so well, im impressed....
fun fact:

you can set the chords to this for a less "wobbly" arpeggiated feeling!!
i just watched the midi at youtube and recreated it on beepbox

Everything else / ask me to do a 8bit cover of any song u want
« on: April 19, 2019, 11:47:40 pm »
any questions?

VVVVVV / Re: Createentity List
« on: April 18, 2019, 10:35:57 pm »
What is AI state?
is like the id of what does the ai do or the status of the ai

VVVVVV Help / Re: Let's Brainstorm Crewmate Names/V Words
« on: March 24, 2019, 05:45:17 pm »
vicheal veire

VVVVVV Help / Re: Let's Brainstorm Crewmate Names/V Words
« on: March 24, 2019, 03:09:51 am »
be- vetarune

VVVVVV Help / Re: Let's Brainstorm Crewmate Names/V Words
« on: March 24, 2019, 03:07:33 am »
its a color like all other villis.

Everything else / Re: The Music Thread
« on: March 22, 2019, 06:50:35 pm »
yep i made it myself. and i needed to memorize every pattern.

please donate me brain cells i did put my brain into so much work.

« on: March 18, 2019, 11:38:58 pm »
simplify even more internal commands into common commands (level editor) like createcrewman() would be createvilli() or idk

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5