"A New Dimension" by Souleye

Started by SoulEye, July 26, 2011, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N

Let me tell you about HomeStuck
This level was fun and hard

Georgri

Don't know if it's an issue worth a separate topic. Guess, I just kinda want to complain a bit and/or confirm my suspicions.
In an iOS version of VVVVVV (on iPhone 5s and on iPad3) it seems to be impossible to pass the map "Can you follow the line?" I mean the jumps between platforms are too long.
The game is a bit laggy on this particular map even on currently-top iPhone 5s. Moreover, the physics of the iOS-version jumps seem to be a bit different from what I see on computer-based walkthroughs from Youtube (those long jumps seem much simpler on youtube).

Could anyone please confirm the impossibility of this "A new dimension" map on the iOS version?

SoulEye

I wish I could do something about this but only Terry can fix it, if it is fixable. It's sad to see that my biggest level is incompletable on those platforms. :-(

VeniVidiVici

If Terry can't fix it, you could just edit it and get Terry to replace it with a special fixed version for iOS/Android.  :viridian:

FIQ

It's not that simple since this version doesn't support custom levels per se - there's just additional levels bundled in the 1.2 version of the game. Therefore, only people with the actual source (Terry) can fix the problem.

But is there a problem in first place? Would be nice to have more than 1 person confirm the issue (can't do it myself at the moment)

In this case, someone should take a look at whether or not you can complete Line Wrap, or whether or not Optional Extra (in the level Variation Venture) works as expected - both these require near pixel perfect flips in the desktop version, Optional Extra to the point that it was actually patched in a 3DS update because of it being impossible.

allison

It looks like the portable versions really need to have their physics reverted to how they were in the desktop version, as fixing the bugs ended up causing more problems than it solved. If Terry's so worried about skipping Gordian Knot he can modify it a bit.

Georgri

Quote from: FIQ on September 19, 2014, 09:35:00 PM
... or whether or not Optional Extra (in the level Variation Venture) works as expected ...
The Optional Extra level caused me some doubts too, but I eventually managed to accomplish it on iPhone alright. I thought probably Terry included the patched 3DS version of it.

Terry

Yeah, I'm actually not sure if this is possible on iOS or not :/ I can't do it, in any case. I guess next time I do an update on iOS for VVVVVV I'll make a note to add a fix for this room!

moth 🦋

Quote from: Terry on October 02, 2014, 06:00:55 PM
Yeah, I'm actually not sure if this is possible on iOS or not :/ I can't do it, in any case. I guess next time I do an update on iOS for VVVVVV I'll make a note to add a fix for this room!
:o

Lollipop

Quote from: ShinyWolf07 on October 02, 2014, 11:41:16 PM
Quote from: Terry on October 02, 2014, 06:00:55 PM
:o

Same here.

SJMistery

on 3ds, i noticed a glitch a couple of months ago: on the final rooms, concretely "tap-tap-tap", if you stand on the bottom row of spikes, in the edge of the room, and you flip while you leave it, you will get stuck between the room you were and the empty one of below. after doing that, if you go right, you will end on the V-VVVVVV room sequence, and simply flipping and going left, you can go off bounds. we all know there is a named room here, but if you flip back to the VVVVVV sequence on the edges, and you float down to the last room, in a couple of seconds you will get expelled on the other side. at this side, there are some rooms with names, but you have to be carefull because just beneath them there is a pink room who warps on all edges, so if you end on it you will get stuck.

Domo

Quote from: Georgri on September 07, 2014, 12:38:34 AM
Could anyone please confirm the impossibility of this "A new dimension" map on the iOS version?

Guys, if anyone is still interested, I just found out that some jumps ARE possible on iOS. "A new dimension" / "Can you follow the line?" is possible! I just managed to do it and it's not really hard, but different from the PC version.

What you need to do is do a back-and-forth move just before jumping. Start from the edge, then go BACK to the (c), then without stopping go back to the edge, then jump. And YEAH, I got all the trinkets!