The Open Level (Nearing completion!)

Started by ToasterApocalypse, February 16, 2013, 05:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToasterApocalypse

As tOLP is finally nearing completion, (2/3 areas left to make) we are no longer accepting participants. Looking back on the whole level, I say it's been a huge success. We'll be working on bringing this to people soon!
Meanwhile, go to http://tolp.webs.com/apps/forums/ to apply for a spot at testing the level for bugs once the level design is complete. Once all the bugs are fixed, we'll release this level as Dimension Open.

Thanks.  :viridian:

Chillius

Fussmatte

Dav999

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on February 16, 2013, 05:23:49 PM
So, who does what?
I was thinking anyone for the story, You and maybe FIQ on scripting and me perhaps on level design because I have an idea for a stealth-mission type level.

Problems, though.
I'm very slowly working on Rainbow Factory and Mission Polar.
You're working on your 4th level (5th counting PuZZZZZZles)
FIQ is working on Back to VVVVVV 1.2
Other than that, we're in the clear for this

Dav999

We should also make a plan for the level/story, or everything will take on a life of it's own. :P

Fussmatte

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on February 16, 2013, 05:39:40 PM
We should also make a plan for the level/story, or everything will take on a life of it's own. :P
Yeah.
How about Viridian and Vitellary go out to do some field research, and when they get back, Victoria is missing?

Quote from: Doormat on February 16, 2013, 05:44:28 PM
What should we call it?
Err... Dimension Open? I have no idea.

By the way, I decided to mess around and this is a possible first room.

Fussmatte

Dav999

Wait, we should make a changelog in a script, just act like that script is a text document, call it --CHANGELOG-- or anything, and type in it. I do the same in my own level for flags and a to do list. Everyone just makes a paragraph with a list of what they changed, and with their name and a version number, for example:

allison

Fussmatte

Quote from: Dav999 on February 16, 2013, 06:00:58 PM
Wait, we should make a changelog in a script, just act like that script is a text document, call it --CHANGELOG-- or anything, and type in it. I do the same in my own level for flags and a to do list. Everyone just makes a paragraph with a list of what they changed, and with their name and a version number, for example:

Yay my name's in there

Oh and good idea

ToasterApocalypse

Quote from: Dav999 on February 16, 2013, 06:00:58 PM

Yeah. I'll put the download for the level in the first post/PM it to everyone involved.

SomniRespiratory Flux

Hm, sounds interesting. I don't know how available I'll be, or what I could possibly do that someone else here couldn't do better. But if you need anybody else, I can try it. Maybe Ill pick up on some concepts that I don't quite get already. Internal scripting, Direct Mode, etc. etc. etc. Yeah, I know I'm bad at this. I'm bad with every level editor I've ever tried to use. But this game really makes me want to make levels for some reason. I dunno. Like I said, I don't know how much time I'll have for this with college and all that in the way. If it helps matters, my main problem is that I can tend to be too detail-oriented and lose sight of the overall picture. So maybe I won't be involved much with the overall level design, but I can help with plot/dialogue/other aesthetic matters. And I might be able to pick up on some of the ways to improve my abilities with the actual important parts. Yeah, I'm kinda putting myself down a bit much. It's something I tend to do when I don't really have a plan.  :-\

FIQ

Keep in mind that 2.0 cannot use Direct Mode and will screw up rooms designed with it. Either force people that edit to have 2.1, or do not use direct mode.

Where will the level be hosted btw?